Wedding Wednesday: The Ceremony!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I had a hard time narrowing down pictures today, particularly because there were so many funny/entertaining photos of various people involved in the wedding day. So I may have to dedicate a post to people (or pictures of people that make me smile!!) one of these wednesdays!!

Today's Wedding Wednesday is all about the actual wedding ceremony. I don't think I have much to explain, because the pictures do a pretty good job outlining the order of events! If you missed last week's Wedding Wednesday: Gettin' Ready, then go ahead and go HERE to check it out!

{Photos courtesy of Keely Joy Photography}

My girls with their pretty flowers! All of our guests had been seated, our attendants had walked to their places and it was time for me to come in!

He sees me!!! This picture makes me smile because I see the Marine Corps influence in his stance - closed hands, straight back and (if you could see them) legs together and feet at a slight angle :)

I feel like I dragged my dad down the aisle (not that it was overly long!) I was so excited to see Max!!

"Thanks Dad!"

Started out with a welcome and a prayer by the church's Pastor.

My dad, also a Pastor, read the Bible verses we had chosen.

The setting. This angle makes it look huge - and like there are lots of people there! Really, we had maybe 35 people in attendance and it was just perfect for us!!!

My brother (he's SUPER talented - he once wanted to be an Opera singer!!!) sang and Max's dear friend played the piano for us. As people were being seated, the bro sang 'When I Say I do' by Matthew West. During the ceremony, we all sang 'In Christ Alone' (one of my all-time favorite songs!) and "Be Thou my Vision' (a song that is extremely dear to Maxwell's heart).

I couldn't pass this picture up! They all may kill me for posting it, but it makes me giggle! It captures their singing so well :)

After the congregational songs, Pastor W shared some words related to our chosen verses, then we exchanged vows and rings!

"Maxwell, you may kiss your bride." :D

Then we were announced as a Mr. and Mrs.!!!! This picture was immediately afterwards, when Max is asking me who we should greet first!!! Ha ha! Makes me laugh every time - out of everything he was concerned about, it would be this!!! And as we greeted people, my bro sang 'Everything', by Michael Buble (it's long been one of my favs!!!)

And then were were married!!!!! Oh happy day!!!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I'm a new follower! These pictures are gorgeous...your wedding looks absolutely beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your ceremony looked perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive