Thursday June 17.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I had absolutely no creativity when it came to the title you see above. Please forgive me? I had all the best intentions of writing about my summer reading list (ok, actually it's the reading list I have for this deployment, but I just like the sound of 'summer reading list', ha ha! which really makes me laugh since the deployment will span every single season!) or how I want to make a quilt or my review on cloth diapers. But I did not get to any of those things. So instead, I will share a brief update on L and I.


Today is Thursday. That means tomorrow is Friday June 18th. Which means that 4 months are down! Oh man, oh man! I like being able to say that. Still not to halfway, but still - 4 months down are good, right?! AND, I got a call from Maxwell tonight! Oh how I love that man. I might still be walking on clouds from being able to hear his voice, so don't mind my crazy excitement! I didn't think he would be able to call for awhile, but apparently that is not that case (at least for a few more days/weeks)! Sweet man woke up early and ate breakfast at breakneck speed so that he could call and we could just talk. It was pure loveliness. Makes me smile and miss him all at the same time! And I have to share this: I started laughing at some point during our conversation, because we spent a good 10 minutes talking about fish stuff. Ha! My husband is deployed and we are talking about FISH! It made me laugh! And when I told him why, he tried to apologize for his love of fish. I explained that it didn't bother me at all, I just found it funny - and reminded him how I used to sit and listen to him talk about fish for hours when we were dating. I have always been intrigued by all the knowledge he has about fish - it fascinates me!! Anyways, we really did talk about other things too - don't worry, we're not total fish nerds! All in all, it was awesome (it always is) and I can't wait to talk to him again - whenever that might be :)

So this might be too much information for some of you, but I must share my story and nurse my poor self for a minute, ok?! Remember how I said that I had an alien abscess thing? Well, it got bigger and angrier, so I finally went in to get it looked at. And the nice Dr. wanted to lance it. Um, hello, that means she cut it open. She attempted to numb it first, but I still felt it all. Not pleasant, let me tell you. She cut it and then tried to (sorry if this is too nasty and graphic - when I told Max about it, he said it sounded really gross, ha!) drain all the stuff that was in it. But it was so deep that she had to cut into it more! OUCH! I tried so hard to be brave and strong, but it just hurt so bad and a few tears may have escaped as I was laying there on the table, trying to think of Max because that helps me be brave. She finally deemed that it was done draining. And she put gauze inside of it. Do you know what I have to do with it?! Pull a little bit out every day. Disgusting. And not pleasant. Every day after I do it, I feel like I deserve ice cream. Bleh. Sorry for that overload of disgusting, but I just had to share my misery. I blame it on the boy in my belly :) Just kidding - it's just that I've never had something like this, even when I was preggo last year - so I joke that it's the little boy's fault! I am just hoping that no more alien abscesses appear on my body - they are seriously NOT fun and the Dr. has no real explanation for them.

Wow, I am rambling tonight! L has started pulling herself up on things - she loves moving and is not content to just crawl - she wants to stand! EEK! My girl is going to be walking before I know it! She is a busy little mover and loves to check things out - even the things she shouldn't. She was "petting" the plant tonight. And always want to play with my dad's wine rack. She will learn that these are not appropriate things, in due time. For now, we re-direct her attention. She gets distracted by newfound appropriate toys and forgets the not-so-good one. She is busy saying lots of things. Mostly ma-ma-ma or da-da-da or yi-yi-yi. The yi-yi-yi sounds like hi-hi-hi and that makes me laugh when I get her up from her naps! She loves to clap her hands together. And we are trying to teach her to blow kisses and wave bye-bye. Her appetite is DEFINITELY back. She ate a TON of zucchini for dinner tonight. I gave her what seemed like a lot and she sucked it all down and wanted more! I'm glad she likes her veggies!!

I have been meaning to do attempt #2 of lefse all this week, but have been putting it off. So tomorrow the lefse-making must begin once again. The party is on Saturday and I DID promise that there would be lefse there! I have some newfound wisdom and ideas on how to make the process easier, so let's hope it works out! I will be applying for on-base housing in the next week - the wait time is around 6 months, which if all goes as planned, would mean I would move down to NC with the babes in December or January, so that we would be there before Max came home. I hope the process goes smoothly! I am a bit anxious about the entire thing - just on timing, especially with this baby due at the end of October, but have determined to entrust the entire thing to God - He knows what is best for our family and will provide for us in His time!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. "trying to think of Max because that helps me be brave." I LOVE this. It's so sweet.

    It's a great thing that L likes veggies, hopefully that lasts!

    By the way, I think, since we're both in Minnesota, we just HAVE to get together. It's time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ughghghgh... the whole lancing thing made me hurt! Good for you for sucking it up though! I would have been a big baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol that was a great post!! :) So happy you guys got to chit chat! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive