Homecoming.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Homecoming.
How could it NOT be awesome?!  
We got to get back in the car on Saturday WITH our Max.
And bring him home.
Woot!

Here's a little rundown of our day...

My calendar from the past year.
I spent MANY a minute looking at this thing.
Tracking our progress and counting down days.
It felt SO good to be at the end :)


L helped me put up our sign at the house after breakfast.


Then the babies napped, while I got ready.
Ms. Amy got here late morning.
She is the fiance to one of Max's buddies in the unit.
We hung out, tried to eat something (not very successful!) and got excited together.
We were both SO anxious - in a good way.
I, for one, felt like a 13-year old - sweaty hands, butterflies in my belly, heart pounding :)
We finally got in our cars to head to base.
But had to stop to hang up our sign on the fence along the highway.


Got to base, where we ended up waiting about 2 hours before any sign of our men.
They were ON base, but had some business to take care of before we could see them.
I know 2 hours shouldn't have felt like a long time after a year,
but knowing they were so close, and not being able to see them yet made it feel like it took forever!
Ms. Amy made a super cute shirt to welcome Mark home.


The babes, with the sign we made for Daddy.
L got to help put the hand prints on (that was a fun afternoon, ha ha - paint EVERYwhere!!)


I was SO excited!
The end was SO in sight!
Soon was finally here!
We were picking up Daddy!


And in spite of all the excitement and commotion, Ezzy fell asleep.


L was so serious the whole afternoon.
Maybe because it was her naptime and she was tired?


FINALLY, we got to move over to wait for the unit to march over to where we were.
We really couldn't see much of anything from our spot behind the line.
I could only catch a glimpse of a few heads and tops of flags.


L, passing time, while we waited for them.


And then we started hearing the crowd cheering.
The unit was visible.
They marched over, and got in formation before they were released.
Then the tape was cut and chaos ensued...everyone made their mad dash for their loved ones.
Because we hadn't been able to see much of anything, we had NO idea where our men were.
So we held up our sign and waited.
And waited.
And waited.
And THEN! 
I spotted Mark. With Max closely behind him.
I shoved Amy to go find them and as she was making her way, I saw Max spot us.
And then he was there, standing in front of us, hugging me and L, taking L, making us stand by Ezzy.
Our family.
It was together again.
My heart was whole.
He was safe. He was there. He was home.


L, with her Daddy.
Gosh, she is in love with him.
Seriously follows him around EVERYwhere, always begging for him to pick her up.
It makes my heart happy. 
{don't worry, pictures of them from the past few days coming soon...}


Mark and Amy.


Our little family.
With our man.
Love.

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. I just absolutely love homecoming stories. I find myself not crying at my own, but I cry every single time I read someone else's story. Loved this and I love that you guys are together again :) Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tears xoxoxox happy tears!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. I was crying at 7AM. I am so happy for you and Max! You two are so special to me and I am excited to see you start this next phase of your wonderful life together.

    Oh, and you need to come visit Minnesota sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful:-) love all the pictures...I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!!!! I always tear up, haha... So glad he's back safe & sounds =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyy! my super emotional prego self just loves a happy cry :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw. =) I'm sooooo happy for you!!! =D Great pictures. I don't have to tell you to enjoy your time with him...I know you are. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Such wonderful pictures. So happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww how exciting!! Welcome home Marine! What a lovely family :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for you! great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YEAH! I am so happy for your family! :) (and LOVE your baby's owl hat!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive