Ezra Maxwell has arrived!!!!!

Friday, November 05, 2010

He's here!!!!

Ezra Maxwell was born Wednesday November 3 at 12:14pm.

He weighed in at a whopping 10lbs, 2oz (yeah! Holy smokes!!!), was 21 inches long and had a head circumference of 15.25 inches. Yes, he's a big guy - I kept trying to tell people (aka, the Doc) that he would be huge - and he was indeed a good size!!!

Here's the quick run-down of Wednesday morning:
We went to the hospital at about 0700.

Here is a shot of my belly that morning, at 41 weeks, 1 day:


The Doc broke my water around 0830 and the nurse administered a small amount of pitocin.
I was having strong, intense contractions by 0945.
Received my epidural around 1100.
Started pushing at 1145, the Doc came in at 1205 and after a good solid three or four pushes, our man entered the world at 1214!!!

Here's Ezra!! He has some bruising on his face and head from being squished coming out, but it's almost gone now.

Our big bruiser! The weight - all the nurses and Doc were anxious to see exactly how big he was! The Doc made some comment about how our next baby could make the city paper. Ha!


His little feet. With super long toes.

Proud Mama and Daddy of our little Ezra! SO blessed that Max was there! He was so proud to see his son be born into the world. And it was absolutely amazing to have him there, holding my hand, telling me I could do it and seeing the excitement all over his face!

Proud daddy with his son!

Mama and her boy. I call him Ezzy - I know, I know, it's super girly, but he's gotta have a "mama name" :)

L, wearing her 'I'm the silly sister' (it's super hard to find 12-month 'big sister' onesies - go figure!) shirt and meeting her little brother for the first time.

L is doing well with him! I don't think she's quite figured him out and is probably still trying to figure out if he's sticking around or not, but she has been super good with him so far. She says hi to him, likes to touch him gently and watches him with great concern when he cries or fusses. I am eager to see how she interacts with him as the next few months go on.

Little baby fingers.

Hanging with Mama.

Sometimes he gets this concerned look on his face - he scrunches his little eyebrows down - it's cute. He has blond eyebrows and blond hairs (not too many, but a few!), although we'll see if it lasts!

We stayed at the hospital two nights (and are FINALLY home, Praise Jesus!). The second day, L came to visit with my mom and grandma (who were awesome enough to watch her while we were there with Ezra). She likes to kiss him...

Playing with her Daddy (watching this makes my heart oh so happy - I love our little family and am so so so glad that we are together these few weeks - my heart feels whole once more).

The Z man. Welcome to the world little guy!

Ezzy is doing very well. He is a good strong eater - although does like to take his sweet time and likes to eat a lot - so I feel like I am ALWAYS feeding him, ha! He has been pretty content his first few days and has some good alert times where he just chills and checks out what is going on around him.

I am doing well. So glad to finally meet our little man and start getting to know him outside of my belly. I am tired (normal!) and did tear a little with him (dude, he was a tank!), but other than that, things are going very well. I feel so blessed - two beautiful babies (although one isn't quite a baby anymore...) and having my husband home - geez, these hormones are crazy and I just get all teary and emotional thinking about how good God has been and how much He truly, always has our best in mind. Max and I are super glad to be home from the hospital and we are looking forward to the next few days of spending some good quality time together as a family of 4, getting to know our newest addition!!!!

Stay tuned for more photos and more updates on our time with Max and our time together with our new babe!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I actually went "Squeeee!" when I saw the title of this post. I am so unexplainably happy for you that Max got to be there to welcome that (large) boy into this world. I am so proud of you for being so strong, both through the pregnancy and through the birth (holy camoley, he's a biggun!)

    Enjoy your time together and let me know when I can come visit. I'd love to meet Max too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! He's so perfect!! I'm so happy for you xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww congrats mama!!! He is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! I loooovee the name too. My nephew was born on November 3rd. It's a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! He is so handsome! :) So thankful for you that your husband was able to be there at this wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh kaylee...you have no idea how happy I am for you guys! I really needed this post this morning and for some reason (maybe because i think you are superwoman) it really boosted my spirits. Ezra is a gorgeous boy and I can already see Daddy in him! Austin was squeezed too hard too and had a purple face...kinda strange huh? Glad it is going away...glad you are doing well! Cry it up girl, ain't nothing wrong with that! Enjoy...soak up, live every moment of the next few days...you are a hero to me my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats congrats!! He's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaaaaaaaaaay! I am so so so glad daddy was able to be there! Oh my goodness, I cannot imagine delivering a 10lb baby, wow. He's cute *ahem* handsome. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on a healthy and beautiful baby boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Kaylee! What a beautifull boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations mamma!!!!!!! He is just an ansolute doll. I am so happy for your beautiful family. You and your hubby are truly blessed to have two amazingly gorgeous children. I hope your recover fast and enjoy your time with your hubby.
    Congrats again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kaylee he is beautiful! Your belly looked as big as mine did! I knew from the day I watched you take care of my girls that you were going to be an amazing mom! I can't believe you are leaving soon, but I know it will be so good for you and Max to have your family together in a home you call your own! Please let us know how we can pray for you guys in the coming weeks.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive