Mil Spouse Valentine's Day Blog Swap

Monday, February 14, 2011




I have something a little different than normal for today.
But it's fun, don't worry :)
(And welcome to all you blog hoppers!!!)

Riding the Roller Coaster is hosting a Mil Spouse Blog Swap, Valentine's Day style.
Which means that there was a little swappity-swap action.
I wrote a post which will be featured on JG's blog, Me and My SoldierMan.
Go check it out and take a peek around!

And the lovely LC, from Faith and Deployments wrote up a little something for my blog!
She's an Air Force wife and writes about real-life situations and issues that she deals with.
Plus, she talks about how her faith helps her get through. 
And they have a cute dog.
Oh!  AND, she and her husband have been through 3 deployments, so she's got some experience!

Here are her thoughts on Valentine's Day:

What an odd holiday. Seriously. I believe it’s a hallmark invented holiday but I love hallmark so that is a-okay with me. My first valentine’s day with my now husband was spent alone. He was deployed and we had missed his birthday, then valentine’s day two weeks later, and then my birthday two weeks after that. Needless to say it was a heavy month. But I think my husband did especially well the two that we have celebrated so far together.
Valentine’s Day 2009: sent a HUGE care package packed with candy that I recently just opened and ate the all green m&ms (green is both our favorite colors), a bear (which I spray with perfume and send him during every deployment now), two cards (it’s one of our “things” we always send two cards never one), and arranged for eight tulips (my favorite flower) and two red roses to be delivered by one of my closest friends. The numbers: 8-2 are our anniversary date and also the day we got married in 2009. 
The second Valentine’s day: 2010 I expected big things, but was not about doing big things for him after his surprise birthday trip to Baltimore two weeks earlier (I know super mean!). Well he forgot to schedule dinner and acted as though he didn’t care and went to a friend’s the night before to play video games. I had some girl friends over and we drank a LOT of wine and put on all his desert gear and took hilarious photos. A midnight, right after they left, my door bell rang and when I opened the door the love of my life was holding cordial cherries (my favorite), tulips, and this monkey from hallmark with TWO cards and one said “Will you be my Valentine”. I cried and cried and cried. It was the most romantic thing and I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.
So I guess for me, each Valentine’s day is special and my husband finds his own ways to be romantic and sweep me off my feet. Even though each day we should show our husband’s how much we care, this clearly merchandise driven holiday is another holiday with my love. So while many may not care about this holiday or celebrate being single, I celebrate it as another year with my love. Another milestone and when he’s home, another holiday we can do it big so it’s another memory in our memory book!
So happy Valentine’s Day to all of you! And remember how loved you are!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, Kaylee and LC!

    LC, may you have many more romantic Valentine's Days in the future, whatever form they may take. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I, too, like to think of Valentine's Day, not as a burden, but as an opportunity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the lovely intro :) you can take the dog ANY time! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually say the same thing, "Hallmark holiday". It's so true! I mean, next time your in Hallmark pick up one of their free calendars and look at all the NEW holidays they want you to buy into. I don't need a "said" day to celebrate my love...I celebrate Valentine's Day everyday!

    Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm yet another one calling this a Hallmark holiday! But it sounds like you and your husband and found very special ways to celebrate so I'm jealous. My husband and I just ignore it. We didn't even get each other cards this year!

    Thanks so much to both of you for joining in on the blog swap. I'm having so much fun reading everyone's posts! Hope you had fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, too cute! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive