Soon.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

During many of our separations and throughout this deployment, 
the word soon has been thrown around.
A lot.
"I miss you. Soon, love."
That was a frequent phrase in emails.
Soon.
Max would be coming home soon.
Soon we would be together again as a family.
Soon we would see his handsome face.
Soon my heart would be whole again, as I had my bestest friend, the man I love, back in my arms.
Soon I could breathe a huge sigh of relief, letting go of the breath I didn't even know I'd been holding.
Soon we would have our Daddy back.
Soon.

It didn't matter if it was a day after he left. 
And we still had 360 days to go.
Or if we were 4 months into the deployment and R&R still felt like forever away.
Or if it was 2 weeks until R&R,
and he'd already been gone for 9 months.
Or if it was Christmas and we knew we had a little over a month left.
It was always soon.
Soon, love, I'll be home soon.

I think I had a love-hate with soon.
I wanted soon to hurry it's little behind up and just get here already.
When soon was months and months away, it was hard to be altogether thrilled with soon.
And yet, the very word gave me hope and encouragement to keep going.
Knowing that indeed, SOON, we would have our Max back.

Well, my dear family and friends,
Soon is finally here.
{Cue the tears out of Kaylee's eyeballs}
Soon has come.
That elusive soon, the one I have desperately been clinging to,
the one I have held on so tightly and waited so patiently (most days!) for,
the one word that has been repeated over and over again in my head,
has finally come.

It's awesome - 
(in the way that it inspires awe, not that it's totally great necessarily) 
- to think about this past year.
I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that we said our goodbye's a year ago.
And that a whole year has now passed.
So much has happened.
We have all been grown and stretched and challenged, 
in our very own ways,
and through our very own experiences and situations.
I know for a fact that I could not have made it through this without God as my strength.
That Max and I, as a husband and wife, could not have made it through without God as our strength.
And that we, as a family, could not have made it through without God as our strength.
Praise the LORD for carrying us through this year;
for keeping Max safe;
for using this time to make us more refined people;
for bringing our husband and Daddy home to us.

Before I forget, I want to send out a special shout-out.
To my amazing family and friends.
To everybody who has encouraged and supported and loved on us.
I know I couldn't have done this without God as my strength.
But I also couldn't have done it without the wonderful people in our lives, who have been there for us.
So thank you.
{Gosh! Cue tears again...}
Thank you.
That's all I can say.
We love you.

So....
As you read this, 
we will be awaiting Max with open arms, 
dolled up in our super cute homecoming outfits,
anxiously knowing that soon is only minutes away, 
instead of a year, months, weeks or even days.

Welcome Home, Max.
I am so thankful to have my love, my husband, my baby-Daddy, home.

Soon has come.
Soon is here.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I'm a new reader and this is a fantastic post and I'm so happy for you that soon is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!!! So excited for you and so happy that "soon" is finally here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I am so happy for you to have him back. It will feel so wonderful to have your complete family again. And during some of the hard transitions, just think of your amazing family and everything you've worked for.

    Oh, and you can always call me. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. praise God Kaylee...you have been a strong woman and an encouragement to many. I pray that you have a WONDERFUL night and every moment is soaked up. Just stare at him and lay in his arms. Good job momma, you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gave me goosebumps.
    So happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post! Congrats on surviving the deployment! I am a new reader, so just coming in at the end of your deployment adventure. But that was me, last July: waiting for the end of the deployment with 2 little ones. We seem to have a lot in common. Would you like to check out my new blog? It's http://llightfoot.blogspot.com/. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaylee-Boo,
    So happy for you & Max & L & Ezzy. Wow, you done good kiddo. To God be the glory. I prayed many mornings for God-of-Jacob battalions to be surrounding & protecting Max in Afganistan. ONCE you all get settled in, we expect pics of course!! Good luck w/ the decision on Sophie.
    love you,
    papa d

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so incredibly happy for you! I can't wait to see photos and hear about how you're together again. So happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayyyy, That is so wonderfully amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive