4 months down! Woot!

Friday, June 18, 2010

What a stellar day! I am STILL walking in the clouds. Let me explain... L decided to wake up at 0545 this morning and this mama woke up not very happy about it. It was far too early for me to get my preggo self out of bed. So I tried to ignore L for a few minutes and let her play in her crib (we share a room). It didn't work very successfully. She started fussing like she was hungry. So I dragged myself out of bed and trudged upstairs, half-asleep, to make L her morning bottle. I left her in her crib so I wouldn't have to juggle her, hot water, formula, etc. While I was waiting for the water to warm up, I turned on my computer. No idea why I felt the need to do so at 0600 in the morning, but I did. And do you know what happened?? I hear this bleeping noise and a little box pops up on my screen saying 'Max is calling' (I have skype set up to automatically turn on when my computer does) and my heart did a little flip-flop! I thought it was a joke at first. But I answered. And it was my husband! AGH! And I could SEE him!! I could NOT believe it! First time seeing his face in FOUR MONTHS!!!!!

I sat there, slightly stunned, mostly still asleep, staring and saying hi. After a minute of getting over our elatedness at having skype working, he asked where L was. So I grabbed the bottle, my computer and raced downstairs. It was amazing. He was able to see L take her bottle, crawl around on the floor (he hasn't "seen" her since she was 4 months old!!), talk to him and play with her toys. That alone made my day! And we continued to talk (despite the stupid connection cutting out every 5-8 minutes) for the good part of 45 minutes! It was fabulous! Great way to commemorate 4 months down! By the time we got done talking, L was about ready for a nap (because the little stinker woke up at 0545!), but I was so excited that I couldn't sleep, so I started my day! AND, we were able to skype again (well, at least chat) for a few minutes a few hours later, right before he hit the rack for sleeping. Seriously, it was fabulous! I can't even describe how incredibly excited I was so see his face! It was great! And to be able to show L to him was so touching. Makes me get all teary-eyed just thinking about it - oh silly preggo hormones!!!

I am convinced that L woke up that early because she knew he was going to be able to get his computer working today, of all days. Or rather that God knew exactly what we needed and woke L up (which at first frustrated me to no end!!!) so that I would get my butt upstairs and turn my computer on! Yay! I feel so blessed! 4 months down and a skype call! Just lovely! Makes my heart incredibly happy and miss Max even more, all at the same time!

AND, today, the 18th, also marks the day that L is 8 months old! I can hardly believe it! It is unbelievable how fast babies grow and change! It's hard to believe that in the last 8 months, she has learned so much - rolling over, sitting up, eating real food, "talking", crawling! It has been so awesome to watch her grow and develop! She continues to surprise me, amaze me and make me laugh!
This picture cracks me up. Her expression is so silly!
And below: my precious girl at 8 months old!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ohhhh!!! I'm so happy you got to talk and see him! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that you got to talk to him! And that he got to see L! Those calls and web-cams are so priceless. What a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading posts like this - they bring tears to my eyes! Seeing the face of someone you love, even for a short time, is one of the most amazing feelings in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was such a joyful post!! Yay! I'm so happy for you!!! And those pics are ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive