Daddy's Day!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day to all those daddy's out there! I wanted to send a special shout-out to my own dad - whom I lovingly call Papa D. I feel incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful dad (love you too, Mom!). He's been a big influence on my life and I know I wouldn't be the woman I am today if he hadn't been a part of my life. Thanks Dad!

I know I posted this a few months ago, but it's too priceless not to put up again:

And my dear husband. I miss him more than words can say and am sad that we can't celebrate this day with him in person. But I am so thankful that we have gotten to skype with him the past few days and that he got our Father's Day package in the mail - just in time for today! I have absolutely loved watching him with Eliana. To think he had never held a baby before she was born :) It always makes smile to be able to teach him something new with her: how to change her diaper, how to feed her, how to give her a bath, etc. And to see him make each thing his own; to find his own ways of doing things with her. Some of my favorite moments are watching him be silly with her and watching him rock her to sleep. I can't wait until he is home with us again - and to watch him with our kiddo's (he'll get to meet his son then!) once again!

His signature eskimo kiss.

This was the first day he met Eliana in person. She was a week old.

Holding his baby girl.

He was putting L to bed one night when he was home for Christmas and had been downstairs a long time. So I went down to find out how things were going. He and L were both fast asleep on the bed. I laughed so hard and HAD to take a picture!

Being a big girl and watching TV with her dad.

L and her daddy.

Love.

Playing together. It was funny how she would imitate him!

L and her daddy, the day he deployed.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive