The Zoo.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

We took a trip to the Zoo yesterday. It was L's first Zoo visit. She wasn't overly thrilled with the animals - I think she is still too little to be ultra-excited about most of them. The ones she liked the best (or watched the most) were the ones that moved a lot - like the penguins swimming, the fish, the monkeys swinging on branches, etc. I enjoyed being there. I haven't been to the Zoo in over a year and was excited to go - Max and I used to go once and awhile just for fun. Plus, they have been working on a new polar bear exhibit for at least a year and I hadn't been there since the new exhibit opened. It was super fun to see and I was glad to see the polar bears back at the Zoo. All in all, it was a great trip and I know there will be a few more to come this summer! Thanks Aimee and Michelle for going with us!

Zebra.

The ostrich makes me laugh so hard. Dunno why. They just have this strange way about them!

L, happy to be at the Zoo!

Twiga (giraffe, in Swahili!)! These are my favorites!

Twiga and L.

Watching the lions sleep. She just wanted to touch the glass.

The tiger, enjoying the water. It was quite warm out.

L, watching the tiger. Or just touching the glass.

Making friends with the buffalo. Or was it a bison? I can never remember...

Polar bear (you can barely see him behind L's hand) in the new, super sweet exhibit!

For Maxwell - L, with the fish. She was quite enamored with them - probably because they were moving all over the place and were colorful!

Flamingoes!

That's my girl! With her feet up on the stroller, just chilling.

Beautiful water flowers.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. aw..looks like she had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, I had to laugh when I saw Eliana's picture with the giraffe. It looks like she has a funny looking middle part with her bangs wet back, which she definitely does not. : ) It must have been from her sweating! It was so hot!!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive