wedding wednesday: gettin' ready!

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

for this week's episode of wedding wednesday, i thought i'd share some photos from the "getting ready" process. and as i was going through my photos, i might have gotten slightly carried away :) there are just so many that i like and wanted to share, so excuse the vast number of photos!

the morning of our wedding, all of my girls (maid of honor, bridesmaids and personal attendants) and i went and got manis/pedis, then headed back to my parent's house for some last minute preparations (i did mention that we planned our wedding in just about 3 weeks, right?!) and got ourselves beautified. we all did our own hair and make-up, although i got a little help with my hair and got lots of good advice on my make-up selection for the day! once we were mostly ready, but not dressed, we headed to the church (with all of our decor in tow!) and put final touches on/got dressed. right before the ceremony, my girls and mama prayed over me, which was something that touched my heart and is something i will hold dear to me- just to have them all around, and to pray all together for my marriage and relationship with max. what a beautiful moment!

i can honestly say i have no idea what maxwell did all morning of that day - i think, if i remember correctly, he was helping to decorate the room where we were going to have our dinner after the wedding, so was running around, making sure last-minute details were in place. all i know is that they didn't get ready until very shortly before the wedding (oh guys and their short routines!) and i didn't see him at all. call him old-fashioned or traditional, but he didn't want to lay his eyeballs on me until i was being walked down the aisle on my dad's arm. he also wouldn't talk to me on the phone! what a funny man! they did tape a short video when we got the church, which i got to watch - that was super cute - just him saying hi and telling me he was super excited and couldn't wait to see me in a little while!

if you missed last week's wedding wednesday: decorations, have no worries, you can check out the sweet fish bowl (among other things!) here. enjoy this week's photos of us getting ready for the wedding ceremony!

{all photos shot by keely nelson @ keelyjoyphotography.com - she is AWESOME!}

hair and make-up.

they all thought i was whack for using a toothbrush (a free one from the dentist, i might add!!!) to do my eyebrows!! i broke my eyebrow brush, so heck, why wouldn't i?!

mama d, bronzing my back, whilst i apply make-up.

so i have only one picture of me putting mascara on, but in reality, there are like 25. i have this slight obsession with mascara application and get made fun of all the time, so it was particularly funny when there were so many mascara application photos - it was definitely noted by friends :)

this picture makes me smile! aimee's face is great!

working her magic on straightening my hair.

just about done.

made it to the church and got L dressed up in her super cute wedding outfit, complete with matching red shiny shoes, i might add! i also love the "fist pump" she is doing!

maxwell and his tie. along with his brother and best man.

my man getting dolled up!


it was time to put on my wedding dress. but we had to shoot a picture of my outfit - it was FREEZING outside and wore a skirt - dunno why - so wore my snow boots and long socks too! i looked like a goon, i am sure!

getting the dress on - what a process!

i have no idea what i was doing in this picture (probably something silly!), but i love my face and alison's face - makes me smile every time!

so much help goes into getting everything on and ready to go!

mama d, zipping me in for the evening!

i was so excited it was almost time and i was FINALLY going to see maxwell at the end of that aisle!

praying.

tears. of course.

so touched. and happy. i heart this picture.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. That last picture is my favorite. You really do look happy to be getting married.

    I also love L's outfit! Not too cute-sy, but perfect for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were definitely gorgeous honey!!! I love the photography angles and those special moments that were captured. Your man is gorgeous! We are all lucky ladies,aren't we?

    Musings Of An Army Wife

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive