# Oh Boy! I'm 21 weeks! #

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

*Forewarning: I was too excited to wait any longer to share our news! AND, this post may have gotten a bit longer than expected :)

I am 21 weeks pregnant today! Woot-Woot! How am I feeling? Pretty darn good. I have been sleeping well, eating (and craving lots of delicious cheesy foods!) well and growing well! My belly is slowly, but surely getting bigger. I still feel that this pregnancy is super similar to my pregnancy with L - nothing too different going on. The only complaint I have is that I have gotten an abscess (yes, they are disgusting) on my lower belly and it is NOT a pleasant thing. I told my mom that there is clearly an alien inhabiting my belly and it is forcing my body to produce abscesses. How rude of that little alien :)

Here I am (with my super cute shirt I got a few weeks ago - on sale, no less!!!) at 21 weeks pregnant with baby #2:
For pure comparison sake, here is a photo taken of me, just about a year ago, when I was in between 20 and 21 weeks pregnant with L (Eeek! It makes me look huge now at 21 weeks!!! Ok, not HUGE, but bigger than I was last time. Obviously!!!):

I had my ultrasound yesterday! Fun times! I think having an ultrasound is such an amazing experience (I know, it's ONLY an ultrasound!). It is so fascinating to see all the little things they can measure/know/test on a little baby the size of a banana in my belly! It's so neat and I always leave with a renewed-newfound awe of technology! When I got to the ultrasound, I kindly asked the very nice technician if she would be willing to write her determination of the gender in an envelope for me. That way, when Max was able to call next, I could open it while I was on the phone with him. He didn't want anyone else to know before him! And it was something we could do together (and there aren't many things that we are able to do together with this pregnancy, since he will be gone the entire length (and beyond) of it). She kindly agreed and when she was doing her gender check during the procedure, I tried to not look too hard :) She gave me a few pictures of baby #2 on our (my mom went with me) way out the door. I have scanned them in for your viewing pleasure. Here is a profile shot of the blueberry, with it's little hands up by it's face:
Here is it's little (I think it looks huge! And looks like Maxwell's foot to me!) foot:

Next we have the "alien" shot (I TOLD you there was an alien in my belly!). This is a shot from above, looking at it's head. You can see it's big brain and then eyesockets, a little nose and if you look very carefully, a little tiny mouth:

Finally, another profile shot with it's hands up by it's face again:

The little blueberry was wiggling and squirming during the entire ultrasound. I think the nice technician woke it up from a little snooze and then it wanted to move around lots and lots. It was fun to see it moving on the screen and to be able to feel little kicks and punches in my belly at the same time!

And guess what?! Max called yesterday!! He actually called twice. Because of some changes in his schedule, he was able to call in the morning. So I got a call about an hour BEFORE my ultrasound. And we were chatting, catching up and sharing stories, when I asked him if he remembered what day it was. His response: "Of COURSE I know what day it is! Do you think I would ever forget that today is your ultrasound day?!" Ha ha, too cute! But he had been too eager to talk to me, so he called as soon as possible. I talked to him until I got to the clinic for my ultrasound and when I told him I had to go, he promised he would try calling a few hours later (I think he was just a LITTLE bit excited to hear about the baby!!!). Such a huge blessing that this temporary change of schedules allowed him to do that yesterday! Especially because in the next few weeks (maybe months) he may have even more limited access to phones/computers!

True to his word, he trudged through a sandstorm to call me back about an hour after the ultrasound. And begged me to open that envelope up! So, are you ready for this?!?!

It looks like there is a BOY baby growing all big and strong in my belly!!!! Oh BOY!!!!!!

I have to say that I was completely shocked! I had totally convinced myself that it was another girl, due to how similar this pregnancy has been to my last one! But nope, that little slip of paper said that the gender appeared to be male! And that sneaky technician lady hadn't spent a ton of time obviously looking at the gender (I think because it was probably so obvious, ha ha!).

Max's reaction??? "I am STOKED!" Aw, cute! And he now calls it his little blueberry man!

So there you have it! I better get myself prepared for snails and puppy-dog tails, because we are having a boy! L will have a brother! I am already imagining cute little button-down shirts, plaid shorts and blue elephant crib sheets - oh how the girly part of me comes out even with a boy :)

Oh BOY!!!!

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!! Congratulations !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I had 2 very different pregnancies and came out with 2 beautiful little girls. You are seriously making me want to have another and I'm just not quite ready for that yet, lol.

    You just got yourself the perfect thing, 1 of each :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are absolutely adorable!! and congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to you both! You're little family will be perfect now...one boy, one girl and mama and daddy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Kaylee! That is so exciting to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Kaylee! I am sooo happy for you guys. Trust me coming from a mom of all girls you will so love the balance of having a girl and a boy. Humm wonder what the next one will be? Just kidding. Enjoy your pregnancy. Sounds like things are going great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on finding out that it's a boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're such a copy cat. ;) I suppose you'll name him Gabe too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!! Congratulations, Kaylee! :) That is SOOO GREAT! :) So excited that you will be having a boy and a girl soon!!

    Miss you!!

    -Lauran

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive