Wedding Wednesday: Wedding Dinner

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

It's that time again - Wedding Wednesday is once again here. If you want to take a look at last week, you can check it out here.

This week, I wanted to share a little bit about the dinner we had directly after the wedding. So, I don't know how much I explained about how we did things, but due to timing circumstances, we ended up having a small ceremony (40 people were there) with a sit-down dinner afterwards a few days before Christmas. Then a few days after Christmas, we donned our wedding gear once again and had a bigger reception (with maybe 135 people). It worked out perfectly and I couldn't have asked for a lovelier few days! We planned the wedding in a matter of a few weeks (isn't it funny how that happens...and for me, it was great...I HAD to make decisions because I didn't have time to putz around and there wasn't much that I would have done differently if I would have had a year to plan this shindig!), which was definitely an adventure, but with the help of so many great friends and family, it turned out quite fantastic!

Let's see. The dinner after the ceremony. I LOVED it! We had a meal that means a lot to Max (it's his family's Christmas Eve traditional meal) and I have come to fall in love with it as well. The meal is a somewhat Swedish meal - at least that's what they keep telling me! We had potato sausage (seriously, SOOOO good!), boiled potatoes (are you sensing a theme here?!), lefse (see, more potatoes!!), a green salad and green bean casserole (the casserole was just because I happen to be a huge fan of green bean casserole and we wanted another veggie option!!). It was perfect!

The room was in the church we were married in and it was set up with tables all around the room in a giant square. The Christmas cookies/punch/sweet fish bowl were on a center table in the middle of the square. Although there were a bunch of people there, we liked the idea of "family" dining and being able to see everybody. The tables were decorated with lights and pretty things (I dunno exactly what, but it was lovely!). Anyways, before I start drooling over wanting potato sausage (now that it's in my head, I WANT it!!!), here are some photos from the dinner:

{Images by www.keelyjoyphotography.com}

I only included this picture because it is super awkward, but makes me laugh. I wonder what Max was saying to me. The other day, my cousin and I were looking at photos and she said to me, "Kaylee, it looks like you don't even like each other in this one." So funny!

I can only imagine the conversation Max was having with his best man - Dan looks so serious here! Could have been telling him not to tell too crazy of a story during the toasts or telling him all about his plans for our overnight we were going on, bwa ha ha! Probably more along the lines of - "Hey Dan, did you see that we didn't have coffee yet? The horror..." Oh I love Dan's serious face!

My beautiful girls!

Max explaining what we were eating and why. "So, I love potatoes and wanted them in as many things as possible..."

"Good job, Max!" Wow, that makes it sound like I refer to him as a dog! No, but for real, I just like his bald head! It's fun to rub! He so badly wanted to bic it for the wedding, but I asked him to leave a little stubble so that photos wouldn't have so much shine!!!

{Aimee, I am sorry. You will forgive me some day. I couldn't help it. I love this picture}

The dudes. In true dude fashion, not prepared for the photo. Makes for a more candid shot. So great.

Oh how I love this man. I could go for a kiss right now....

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love these photos. Thanks for continuing to share them - so sweet. And it gives me great ideas for my own future wedding. XO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerk! Never will I forgive you! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really awesome that you kept up the tradition and did Swedish for your dinner! And I'm totally a fan of potatoes too haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pictures! and dinner sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember if I've mentioned it before or not, but I love your dress and the bridesmaid dresses -- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the one where you touched his head, I do that to my husband all the time -:)

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive