Wedding Wednesday: Bells & Cookies

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's Wedding Wednesday! I know, I know, you probably all thought I was done since I slacked off last week and didn't post a Wedding Wednesday. But nope! I still have pictures to share, so humor me :)

If you have missed out on Wedding Wednesday in the past, you can go to the last one (Wedding Wednesday: Ceremony) to check it out!

Today's Wedding Wednesday is about church bells and Christmas cookies. The church that Max and I were married in is one that his family has attended for quite some time. The church itself has been around a VERY long time. Although they have moved in the past few years to a new and bigger building, they brought the church bells along and transplanted them in the new space. Max had the great idea to ring the bells at our wedding, which turned out super neat and memorable! He debated having them rung before the ceremony or after or both. I honestly can't remember if they were rung before or not, but Max and I got to ring them after we were pronounced husband and wife!! It was so fun! Not gonna lie, it was harder to do than I thought and I may have let go after our first pull, ha ha!

As for the Christmas cookies, let me give you some background. My grandma has made masses of Christmas cookies every year. And every year (at least recently), a few of us will go over and try to be helpful since she makes SO many! It's quite a tradition and I LOVE my Christmas cookies! So when we made the decision to get married around Christmas time, I thought it would be neat to serve some of the Christmas cookies as a dessert at the dinner after our ceremony. It meant a lot to me to have them there, plus, they are all SO good (of course, I have my favorites, what can I say?!). Someone had us do a "cake-cutting" picture with the cookies and it was fun!

Enjoy the photos!
Pulling the bell - this was after our first pull - Max was laughing at me, telling me to "hold on, Kaylee, don't let go!" and I was giggling. Too funny!

I just love this picture, I don't know why. It was taken right after we rung the bell. I think what I love the most is Max's face.

Some of the delicious cookies we had - there are SO many different kinds.

Feeding each other a cookie. Ha! I tried to bite mine in half, and this is what ensued...

...Maxwell tries shoving it into my mouth. Bwa ha ha! What a great husband!

And we walk away with mouths (mine especially) full of cookie! There is another absolutely terrible picture of my face stuffed with cookie, but I have spared you the horror :) This one will suffice to get the picture across! It WAS a delicious cookie - a spritz, one of my favorites!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. that's such a cool idea with the cookies!!!

    and I'm still in love with your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! My hubby and I were married in a very old chapel, I think it was from the early 1900's and they rang the church bells after we were married and I loved it! :) Also the cookies are such a cute idea, and was a great way to incorporate something you loved and meant alot to you into your wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive