Postcard Swap 2012

Monday, March 12, 2012


A month or two ago, Jessica Lynn @ Jessica Lynn Writes shared an idea for a Postcard Swap between bloggers, and I quickly decided it sounded like a super fun idea!  She paired everybody who signed-up, and then we exchanged addresses, and sent out a postcard!

I was paired up with Meg @ Cloud Nine and Counting.  A few weeks ago, I got a sweet card from Wyoming in the mail.  It was a lot of fun opening the mailbox and finding more than bills or credit card offers.  I actually had a letter!  A postcard, at that!  

I sent mine out around the same time, although I have to say one thing...I had the HARDEST time finding a postcard from around here. If anyone has any ideas of where they hide, please let me know!  I looked at Wal-Mart, gas stations, at the Exchange on base, Barnes & Noble, Walgreens...all to no avail.  I have still not found a postcard in this city, which is strange to me, but I must not be looking in the right place.  Luckily, I had a random postcard from my travels to send to Meg.  Although I must admit I am now a bit determined to find a local postcard to send her way!

It was fun "meeting" Meg, getting a postcard and sending one out to her!  I had a great time with the Postcard Swap of 2012!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. ALl those places have local postcards! Places like Fort Macon gift shop, PKS Aquarium, lil shops @ Emerald Isle, BX book Store, they all have them. I have a stash of them from NC because it's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you participated even though finding a postcard was a little difficult. I had the same problem. The whole reason I did this again was because I saw postcards in the bookshop by my house, only I didn't really look at it until after I set it up—the postcard I got was pretty lame and not what I envisioned at all. Boooo. Oh well, any mail that isn't a bill is pretty good mail!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive