Honey Curry Chicken (or Tofu)

Monday, August 22, 2011


I make this recipe at least 2 times a month.  We really like it, obviously.  Plus, it's easy to make.  I originally found the recipe here, on The Mother Huddle, when I was on my quest to start trying a bunch of new recipes.  It was definitely a "keeper" recipe.  I love how the chicken is so tender and moist, and the sauce makes a yummy glaze after being in the oven.  I have also substituted tofu in place of the chicken and it turns out just as good.  I've had people visit that have never tried tofu and they end up loving the Honey Curry Tofu!!!  So, without further ado, the recipe follows:


Honey Curry Chicken (or Tofu)
1 1/2 lbs. chicken (or 1 pkg. tofu - I use firm), cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt

*for the glaze:
2 1/2 Tbsp. honey
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 c. melted butter
1 tsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
salt & pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350º and grease a 9x13 pan (although I have also gotten away using an 8x8 for the tofu).  Combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in gallon sized plastic bag and mix well.  Add cubed chicken (or tofu!) and shake until coated.  Place covered chicken (or tofu) in greased pan.  Bake for 40 minutes, stirring halfway.  While chicken (or tofu!) is in oven, combine glaze ingredients and whisk together.  After chicken (or tofu) cooks for 40 minutes, turn oven temperature up to 400º.  Pour glaze over chicken and stir to coat.  Cook for an additional 10 minutes and VOILA!  Honey Curry Chicken (or Tofu)!!

Sidenote: We usually eat ours over rice and with a green veggie.  I typically start our rice cooking (in a rice cooker) when I stir the chicken halfway through the 40 minutes - this ensures the rice is done right about on time!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive