Look! Look!

Friday, February 04, 2011

I've been busy working on my to-do list lately.
Cleaning, grocery shopping, organizing, etc.
But my to-do list isn't all boring!
I have some fun projects on there.

Like my wreath.  
I really wanted to make something for our door.
So I made a "Valentine's Day" wreath.
(hence the pink and purple!)
Check it out!


It was super easy.
My inspiration was found here
But I made it my own. 
And even re-purposed some t-shirts in the process!
I had a few old shirts and a sweater that didn't fit right.
So I cut them into strips, wrapped the purple strips around the foam wreath form,
and made pink and white rosettes.  
I just used fabric glue to make sure my purple strips stayed in place.
And to attach my rosettes!
Then I grabbed a ribbon and hung it on my door!
Sweet!


I got a sewing machine for Christmas.
It's awesome.
And I have this grand plan to make a dress for Max's homecoming.
But I didn't want to jump right into the dress on a brand new machine.
So I picked another project to do, in order to get to know the machine.
I made a super cute ruffled camera strap slipcover
following Amanda's tutorial.
Super easy.
And it turned out super cute!!!
Plus, it was a great way to learn the basics of the machine.
And now I can move onto my dress!!!



Ok, must go find sleep, so that I can get back at that to-do list tomorrow morning :)

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Us military wives must think alike:-) I am in the process of making a felt flower/rosette wreath myself! HA! I love yours and the V-day theme...so fun! Plus that camera strap is awesome! I have a sewing project I want to accomplish so I may be calling you for some help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylee, that wreath is awesome! I just showed my husband and he said we should try to make one today:-) "We" meaning "me" but still - he was impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the wreath! You have inspired me to make one, too! SO adorable and the colors you picked...my favorite! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I copied your wreath this weekend AND left you an award on my blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wreath is so cute! I'll have to bookmark it because I'd like to make one, too!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive