Kiddo Update.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

So...
I was totally going to upload another video for your viewing pleasure.
I took one of L opening her V-day present from Great-Gma Marilyn.
It is super cute.
BUT my computer is being ridiculous and I can't seem to upload it online.
Boo. Hiss.
I am video uploading illiterate or something.
So no video tonight.

And then I was going to post some photos.
But realized I didn't have them on my computer yet.
And it's too late to get out my camera and get them on, edit them and upload them.
So no photos tonight.
So sorry.

Instead, an update on the kiddo's:

Ezra went to the Doc last week for a check-up.
He was 3-months last week.
I have a little chunk on my hands.
(But I guess we all knew that when he was born and weighed over TEN POUNDS, ha!)
He weighs in at 13 lbs, 3 oz.
Measures 24 inches.
And his head is growing. 
(I have no idea what that measurement was...)
The Z man is doing well.

I know I had asked about room sharing a few weeks ago.
And I debated back and forth, back and forth.
Then, last week, on a slight impulse, I put Z to sleep in his crib, in their room.
They were in the same room.
Sleeping.
It was marvelous!  
And they did GREAT!!!
And are still doing great!
They sleep right through each other's noises!
I am so so so proud of them!
Z is still getting up once or twice a night to eat.
I hear him fussing, go in the room to feed him and L sometimes wakes up.
But she lays right back down and goes back to sleep.
I know I already said it, but I am so proud of them!
And now we have our room back!  
No more tiptoeing around or whispering (ok, who in the heck do I whisper to right now?  The cat?!).
I can read with the light on and not worry about waking Ezzy up.
Simply marvelous.

I also decided it was high time for Z to start getting to know other people.
The little tyke is with me all the time.
And I mean, ALL.THE.TIME.
Which is good.  
But he doesn't even have Daddy here right now to add some variety into his days.
It's just me and L to entertain him.
And I was starting to get worried he'd be uncomfortable or timid around other people.
So after I dropped L off at her Sunday School room at church, Ezzy and I made a trip to the nursery.
Where the Z man hung out with some nice ladies.
And I went, sans kids, to church.
First time I've been kid-less in a long while.
It was lovely!  
And he did great!  
Again, I am just a proud mama.
Can't help it :)

L continues to crack me up.
Seriously.
She's taken to holding her hand over her mouth when she giggles.
It's the cutest thing ever.
And I have no clue where she picked it up.
The past few days, she has been walking around saying "hi" to random objects.
Cracks me up.
While we were walking to get the mail, she waved at every single car that passed us.
Or in the case of the parked (empty) car, that we passed.
I tried to explain to her that there was no one inside the car, but she waved anyways :)
Love her.

Ok, now that you are probably all bored out of your mind, I'll wrap this up!
I know, I know, a whole post (without any photos or videos) about babies can be boring.
But I just know there are some grandma's and aunties out there that are eating these details up!

Oh.  And how am I doing, you ask?
I am just excited.
The end of this deployment is in sight.
And that makes me one happy woman!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I just love hearing your updates on the kids :) It makes me more and more excited to meet my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great post! Updates are so fun :) I love how L puts her hands in front of her mouth to giggle! Makes me want my little girl to grow up faster so she can start doing stuff like that!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive