Moving Advice?!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

First things first - still no baby nor any real sign of baby yet - it's just a waiting game at this point. I am starting to think he's going to take his sweet time, just like L did (she WAS 11 days late, ha ha!). We hit the due date in 2 days and although the Dr keeps telling me we can talk induction, I am not comfortable inducing until after 41 weeks. I'll keep you all posted on any new progress!

Ok, onto the true business of this post. We are moving. Yes, it's true. And we always knew it was coming - we were here, living with my parents through this deployment, but had always planned to move around the time that Max would be getting back (don't get your hopes up, his return is still a ways away...). Well, moving time has come upon us much sooner than we may have anticipated, but it's a good thing. We'll be moving within the next month or so (which is why this baby needs to hurry up and get here!!!!)!

I have some questions and could definitely use whatever suggestions/tips/advice anyone would be willing to throw my way. We are doing this move on our own (because we were married after he got his orders, there is no help from the Military) AND I have never lived on a Military base before (in fact, I have only been on base a handful of times - it feels like a whole new world to me!).

What kind of things should I know? Any advice on moving? Any suggestions for moving with two small babies? Any tips for moving on base? What documents/items should I have accessible along the way? What should I know? What should I have prepared? Any packing tips? I would love any suggestions!!!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. My husband and I were married after he got his order and what we did so that the military would help pay to get my stuff and the rest of his stuff up there was he claimed a partial dity move. Each airman is allowed so many pounds for a dity move and my husband only used like 800 pounds when he first moved to his duty station so we were able to use the rest of the weight to put towards our move up there after we were married. We still had to pay a little out of pocket but atleast the military covered most of it. He just needs to make sure when he fills out the information he says it is all of his things and none of yours. That was how Air-Force did it though so it could be completely different depending upon the branch! Good luck with everything though! & I hope baby comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drove with my girls the second time I moved to Texas. Granted they were 2 years and 6 months old, but it was actually a bit better than flying. We didn't spend nearly as much as we would have flying, and we could go at our own pace. We kept birth certificates, SS cards and other important documents in a lock box in our car.

    My favorite moving company is ABF for them driving stuff, and Penske for a self move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaylee, still reading your blog frequently and still being constantly amazed by your strength and good outlook on life!

    Obviously don't have any tips for you when it comes to moving to a milityr base, haha. But I hope everything will go great and that you will find it amazing once you are there.

    You are an inspiration and I wish you all the best of luck with the little ones and the move!

    hugs from Belgium / my

    ReplyDelete
  4. we will have to chat over the phone about the paperwork and what not...it shouldn't be too hard and hopefully you can get ahold of one of the other wives living there, or the FRG group and they can be a big BIG help. Lets talk soon dear:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Google things like "How to properly pack a moving van" and "How to move a (insert appliance here)" There *is* a right way to pack a truck, move your appliances, and pack the boxes so that everything arrives in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let your friends and family help!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive