Trip to the Zoo.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I have been wanting to take another trip to the Zoo for a few weeks now, but the weather has not been cooperative on our free days...until YESTERDAY!!!! It was a gorgeous day out, so I grabbed my opportunity and we were off to the Zoo with Auntie Brandice.

Please forgive my photo overload - I got a little excited to share what we saw - and I haven't figured out how to make photo collages yet...

Lovely orchids. Some of my favs.

L, watching the fish, making daddy proud :)

Sleepy sloth. I think I am enamored with him because he reminds of Chubaka, ha ha!

Flamingoes.

L and I, by the tortoise statue.

Making silly faces.

Then we saw the REAL tortoises. They were super active and trucking along - it was sweet!

"Max", the seal. My husband Max has a fondness towards this guy...

Polar bear.

Lady Lion.

The Arctic Fox! I have seriously NEVER seen the arctic fox at the zoo before! Probably because I go when it is HOT out and the poor little ARCTIC fox doesn't do well in heat! They were SO cute - and much smaller than I expected!

My happy girl! If you look close, you can see a third tooth on the bottom :)
And now begins my mild obsession with the giraffe baby:

I can't help it - I am just in LOVE giraffes and the 1-month old giraffe baby was SO stinking cute!

Mama and L.

Look! L loves giraffes too! She gives the giraffe statue a big smooch :)

Crazy bird.

L watching the ostrich. She wasn't sure what to think of it.

Zebra stripes.

Spider monkey man.

Thanks for sticking with me! We had such a great time at the Zoo! I have learned my lesson - not going in the summer is WAY better - fewer people, much more active animals and way less sweat, ha! I think another trip to the Zoo may be in order before the snow flies - I may just have to see that baby giraffe again :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Giraffes are my FAVORITE!! Your pictures are great, especially L with that cheesin grin. too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I have an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive