Wedding Wednesday: Random Reception!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This week Wedding Wednesday is dedicated to a few random pictures, that I was having a hard time categorizing. Hence, you have: goofs, personal attendants and surprise song - all wrapped up into one! If you missed last weeks, check it out: Wedding Wednesday: Dancing. And be sure to check in next week for the LAST installment of Wedding Wednesday!!!

So, I may or may not have mentioned that Max and I just like to be goofy together. I think some of these pictures are great images to show just that! There are a few "staged" silly ones, but for the most part, we just make lots of silly faces with each other and they happened to be captured on camera!

I didn't remember to put pictures of my personal attendants in with my wedding party. But I had some great personal attendants and I needed to get a picture of them up here! Two are friends that I have known since High School, through church, and who have been fabulous friends for many years. The other is a friend I met at college, while holding an RA job in the dorms - we worked together and when we first met, we both intimidated the other, ha! Once we got to know each other, we became terrific friends (and study buddies!) and have kept in touch throughout the years.

Lastly, the story of the surprise song. I didn't know it was going to be a song. I just knew there was a surprise and that they wanted to borrow some of Max's covers (hats) to use as props. I tried to be sneaky and ask why, but they wouldn't budge. I knew it was something that my dad was planning on and I was so excited to find out what was going to happen! Partway through the reception, my dad gathered some of his man friends (some relatives and some good friends of ours) and introduced a song that he had put together. The main line in the chorus was about me becoming "private property of a US Marine" - it was classic! I wish I had the lyrics (that went to a popular tune you would all recognize!) right here, but that might bore you! It was a GREAT song and I was so touched that my dad had taken the time to write such fun lyrics for us! Plus, we were all laughing hysterically by the time they were done!!!

Enjoy the photos! {all images by Keely}

I had NO idea he did this (look close at Max and you'll see....) until we got our photos back! It made me laugh SO hard! Oh the "angry eyebrows", ha ha!

We might be slightly obsessed with eskimo kisses (call us silly...) and so of COURSE, had to get a shot taken of us eskimo kissing!

This picture makes me feel like Max was going to smell or eat my hair or something - and no, I definitely would NOT put that past him! He's that silly.

I know, I know, this is THE hottest picture of me ever. I couldn't help it. I had to. My mom thinks the silly pictures are stupid, but I LOVE them! It's just so US!

BWA HA HA HA HA!!! I really should frame this and put it next to my bed. It brings me such joy and always puts an instant smile on my face!!! When Max smiles, he usually doesn't show teeth - it's just his smile. So we always tell him to "show teeth" and this is the face we 99.9% of the time get in return :)

This pose felt a little awkward, as indicated by my face! Way to make the picture attractive, eh?

Ok, so this isn't goofy, but I liked it. Our hands. And rings. And my dark purple nail polish - which I LOVED!!

Another non-goofy. I just liked this one and wanted to share it.

My personal attendants! This was right after our wedding dinner.

Personal attendant shot, times two. At the reception (Netta couldn't be there). Love this picture!

My dad, introducing the surprise song! With one of Max's covers on :)

This is Max, asking me, through his teeth, "What are they going to do? Did you know about this?" I just laugh in return, ha!

The dudes, doing their thing. Priceless. And so memorable!! Loved it!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Sad this is the second to the last wedding wednesday, but the silly pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive