Wedding Wednesday: The Cake

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Once again, another edition of Wedding Wednesday has arrived. This week is dedicated to our lovely cake and the cutting of said cake. If you have missed out on previous weeks, you can check out last weeks Wedding Wednesday: Eliana's Dedication, which will also take you back to even more previous weeks.

I loved our cake. It was pretty, simple, had that splash of lovely purple and tasted oh so good! My mom was a bit peeved that the bottom two layers were fake - it was how our cake lady did her thing. She simply decorated the bottom layers, then made the top layer real. She then served sheet cakes to the guests (who didn't know what was being cut in the kitchen anyways). This didn't bother me, but I see why my mom thinks it's silly. Plus, now we have the bottom two layers of our cake just sitting on a table downstairs. It's quite comical - nobody knows what to do with them!

{Photos by Keely}

Pretty.

We made the cake topper on our own. It was simple, easy, low-cost and fit well with our other decorations.

Cutting the cake. Very precisely. It took much concentration :)

Artsy.

I had warned him that he best not get cake all over my face. I know he was thinking about it the entire time (ok, I was too - I so badly wanted to rub it ALL over his face, but I knew that payback would be BIG and probably not pretty!!!).

Me, making sure he kept his hands off my face, ha ha! Sneaky man.

See, he kept coming back to rub his hand all over me!


Mmmm. So tasty. Our cake was a Chocolate Baileys Cake - it was delicious!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Mmmm, chocolate Baileys cake. If only we were friends back then... :)

    Of course, for many reasons other than cake! ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple is so pretty! I think my dream wedding would definitely be a purple one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive