Summer Reading!

Monday, July 19, 2010

**This is the re-edited version** I got lazy and am tired, so no more attempts at photos of the books/links to them, sorry! But at least you can see what the books are now!
We have a new library in town. It opened almost two months ago. I hadn't gone in at all until this past weekend, and that was simply to see what it looked like! So...this week holds plans for a library date for L and I - I can't wait to peruse those shelves for some good reads and to introduce L to the joys of not making loud screeching noises in a building :)

That being said, I thought I would share my current reading list with y'all and ask for any other good read suggestions?!

In the last few months, I have read:
The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
The Last Song, by Nicholas Sparks
Your money or your life, by Joe Dominquez & Vicki Robin
Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen


And I am currently in the midst of reading:
The Irresistible Revolution, by Shane Claiborne
The Pursuit of God, by AW Tozer
Heroes at Home, by Ellie Kay

On my list to pick up in the next few trips are:
The Guernsey Literary and Sweet Potato Peel Society, by Mary Ann Schaffer & Annie Barrows
Love Walked In & Belong to Me, by Marisa de los Santos
Sacred Marriage, by Gary Thomas
So long insecurity, by Beth Moore
Love and Respect, by Emerson Eggerichs

All that being stated, I am always up for new book suggestions - the only kinds I typically don't read are Sci-Fi or Thriller books - I am definitely more of a fluffy, cute romance fiction kind of girl! And I enjoy a good non-fiction here and there, although I tend to read much more fiction than non-fiction (my husband is the opposite!!!). If y'all have any good ones for me, let me know!

Yay for summer reading :)

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Nicholas Sparks is amazing! And you should read anything by Emily Griffin--she is a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Red Tent. SOOO good and always a good one to re-read. Time Traveler's Wife, East of Eden, Virtuoso literature for two and four hands (if you like poetry), Herland, The Yellow Wall-Paper, and Selected Writings (Charlotte Perkins Gilman), The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (for those with an odd sense of humor), Mark of the Lion Trilogy, Redeeming Love, Belly Laughs (good preggo book). Those are the books I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always envied people that could read more than one book at a time......

    I think you'd like Robin Jones Gunn. I LOVE her Sisterchicks series and Katie Weldon books.

    And I'll have to locate the other book I loved. I think it's called The Dowry Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for all of your suggestions! I can't wait to start reserving some of these titles and get reading! Yay for good books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaylee-Boo, we should get & read "Plenitude: The New Economics of True Wealth" by Juliet B. Schor. Just heard the author interviewed on NPR & checked out the book on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/Plenitude-New-Economics-True-Wealth/dp/1594202540/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279825772&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive