Shower Curtains.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

So today I was at the store (THE store of all stores...my favorite Target :) By the way, Max and I have random conversations about why I love Target so much, ha ha!), and found myself wandering the shower curtain aisles. Why, you ask?! Good question! Well, I have this itch. This itch to decorate. Bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens; a house! I am getting more and more excited to move (although I am sad that it means leaving my lovely family and fantastic friends) and live with Max. I know, I know, this is still MONTHS away (we're talking at LEAST 6 months away), but I am still so excited already! And so I have had this decorating itch.


So there I was, perusing the shower curtains with L - she liked the fishy one (so like her daddy...) - and I saw so many cute ones! How will I ever decide when that day comes?! There was one that I fell in love with - it was BRIGHT turquoise blue with white polka-dots all over it. And the first thought that came to mind was, 'Max will think this is super girly, ha!'. I thought about how I could get brown towels with lime green accent towels - I tell you, I am obsessed with thinking about color schemes and shower curtains and bedspreads! I am sure that tomorrow I will love another shower curtain and the quest will continue to find the "perfect" one :) Not that it even REALLY matters, it's just a shower curtain!

That explains what is on my brain (my very pregnant ditzy brain!) and why if I ever am just sitting with a blank stare, you can guess what I am thinking about - shower curtain choices and ideas of which pictures to frame and the list goes on! On another note, slightly related to decorating, we are finally on the on-base housing wait list! Woot! Finally! Took me long enough to get everything in order and then get the application to them (there were some major kinks along the way, but it is done!)! I am so glad that we are at long last, on the list and can start moving towards a house. Yes!

I had a Dr appointment today. Just a general check to measure the progress of the baby and listen to his heartbeat. The little blueberry man is measuring right on track and his heartbeat is solid and "manly" sounding (those were the Dr.'s words!). I had to do the glucose screening today - which meant drinking that nasty sugar water stuff and then waiting for an hour so they could draw my blood. I failed my one-hour test last year when I was preggo with L (although I passed the 3-hour test), so am definitely curious how this one will go. I'll find out later this week, hopefully.

Other than dreaming of house-related goodies and chatting it up with Dr.'s, we've had a low-key week since coming home from the cabin. It's been super hot and SUPER humid here, although the humidity lifted a bit today, which was nice. This week and weekend are our city's "days" (whatever that means), so there are lots of events and street fairs going on. I hope to find something fun to do tomorrow, and then Saturday holds promise of much fun and fireworks (it'll be L's first time!). Oh! I made the most delicious cupcakes yesterday (I found the recipe here) - S'mores cupcakes! Oh man, oh man! Amazing, I tell you. They have this graham cracker crust in the bottom of each cup, then this gooey, chocolate-y, cake-y goodness, followed by a little more graham cracker crumble, and finally finished off with a marshmallow frosting. YUM!

L has been a bit fussy the last few days. Ultra-clingy, whining a lot and constantly wanting to be held. I have a feeling we will be seeing some more teeth very soon! She has started "walking" on things, which is exciting. And has also been gaining her share of bumps and bruises, as she learns to navigate getting up and down. Aside from her slight crabbiness, she is doing well and keeps us all laughing with her silly antics and faces!

I am rambling. Go figure. I am off to find dreams of polka-dot shower curtains, picture frame placement and the perfect nightstand!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love decorating too!! Do you ever find your self liking too many styles? I feel like I could decorate my whole house in a million different styles and they would not mesh. But that's my add mind =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean!! I believe they call it nesting, and as a woman it is perfectly normal for you to be obsessing over these things! I'm so glad you guys are on the waiting list for base housing!! Woot-Woot!! I had a really hard time getting all that stuff taken care of but I finally got it worked out in the last three months. I know 6 months still seems far away but trust me, its gonna fly by and you will be moving and living with your hubby again before you know it!! At first my husbands deployment was really dragging, but its already been over 5 months!! Soon he will be home and our ten month separation (including his training & deployment) will be over!! :) I'm so happy!! Good luck finding the perfect decorations for your house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I move into my new place this month, you can come over and help me decorate my room and office! I will need second opinions - Target and IKEA trips, please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Target is like the queen of all the stores!! I'm absolutely in love with it too haha. I can't wait to hear which shower curtain you finally choose. And mmmm s'more cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Target is by far the best store ever!!! glad the Dr's appt's are going well also!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive