Smiles, Teeth & Angry Faces.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Can anyone tell that I am lacking creativity when it comes to coming up with post titles?! Because I am - hence the title above - very creative, I know! Today, L and I got a lot done - finally got our base housing application sent in (Yes! Now we'll get on the waiting list!), found a super cute 4th of July outfit for L, got a bunch of fun new "firsts" for L, and while L was napping, I scheduled appointment, worked on my craft project and washed diapers (it's a never-ending battle...). Oh! And we took a walk this morning AND I did some prenatal yoga while L took her morning nap - I am loving the prenatal yoga video a lot!

As for some of the fun new "firsts" I picked up for L today...I got her a toothbrush, her own comb/hairbrush set, some hairbows (she has a bunch, but they never stay in, so I found some velcro ones!) and her Babu (my dad) found her a swing which we are going to hang from the deck!

I've been able to talk to Maxwell a few times a week the past few weeks, which has been great! I tell you, I think we talk about fish more than anything else, ha ha! It's way too funny! He is so excited over the idea of having a fish tank when we move into our house and is planning away for it! I think it's super cute! Don't worry, we do talk about other things too - like our babies :) And sometimes L "talks" to him too - makes me smile! She has been enamored with the pictures I have hanging in our room - especially those with Max in them. I love to show them to her and try to explain who he is (not that she really gets it, since she's 8 months old, ha ha!). He seems to be doing pretty well - he's a hard worker and does a great job at what he does - and he's still running/PT'ing a lot (at least I think it's a lot!!!). I miss him so very much, but being able to have more communication lately has been so good - and to have been able to see his face via skype (3 times now!!!) has been amazing! Even though the connection sucks and frequently goes away, those few minutes/seconds of choppy picture mean the world to me!

L is moving like a crazy person. She has gotten faster and if you turn your back on her, she just might be gone! She started pulling herself up to standing in the past few days. I know she isn't content to just crawl and wants so badly to walk now too! She is super curious and seems to have no fear of anything. She loves playing and getting into just about anything. The other day, the dog brought her food into the kitchen from the laundry room (I have no clue why - we have a strange dog...) and L got a piece of it, which I had to fish out of her mouth. I'm sure it won't be the last time I find her eating dog food! That little girl loves to eat! If you don't make her food up fast enough, she starts throwing a tantrum. I am trying to nix this bad habit and wait until she settles down before I give her any of the food I made her. It's been mostly working - she just gets so hungry. But she must learn that tantrums don't equal food! And, she's gotten into this bad habit of shoving the majority of her cheerios on the floor. Even when reprimanded, she thinks it's funny, so my newest thing to do is ignore her when she does it. I don't know what else to do, since she finds it so hilarious! At least the dog will clean up after all her messes, while she's learning to behave herself at the table!!!

Here are a few photos from today and of a few of her new fun things:

You can see her two little teeth! And yes, that is a chip clip holding her bib shut - she tears it off if I don't chip clip it - the velcro wore off!

Getting the last of her carrots off her tray. She is usually part of the 'clean-tray club'!

For some reason, this reminds me a LOT of Maxwell. Maybe it's the closed-lip smile?!

Ha ha, I couldn't resist. This is what happens during one of her tantrums...scrunchy face #1.

And angry face #2 - two seconds after I took this, she was back to smiling and eating cheerios! Silly girl!

I saw this bib today and it somehow ended up in my cart :) It was too cute!

Learning how to "use" her toothbrush! Or just chewing on it, like everything else she gets her hands on!!!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. She is just too cute!! And so gorgeous. I love those blue eyes :) Glad you had such a productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I can't wait to see that little girl again. We'll have to figure out the next time we can get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is too cute even when she's having a tantrum!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive