Our Fun (Adventure-filled) Friday!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

L and I had an adventure-filled Friday yesterday.


It started with my 0720 Dr. appointment (Yes, that was early. And yes, I was still mostly asleep for it!), in which they decided to lance two more of those strange little abscess/cyst things that I have been getting. Not fun. Especially at 0720 in the morning. Bleh. Oh well, it's over and done. And I have very specific plans and goals to prevent any more from getting big and nasty - although this will be harder said than done, because they don't really know what they are or why I get them. Double bleh! Thankfully, that was the worst part of my day and I was glad to get it done and over with.

L and I met up with Mel @ Head in the Game, Heart in the Sand around lunch time. I met her through blogging - she is a military significant other whose blog I enjoy reading and after figuring out that we lived quite close, we decided it was time to meet in real life! L and I went down and met up with her in her neighborhood, which is blocks away from a super sweet street with beautiful houses to gaze at. We got a mini-tour of the school Mel attends and then walked a few miles. I had never walked down this street before - only driven by all the houses - so it was fun to be able to see them up close. And I got to see the Governor's Mansion, which I had never seen up-close before. There were some gorgeous houses and gardens along the way. Of course, although I had my camera, I didn't take a single picture the entire afternoon. Such a bad habit!! I need to be more intentional about taking photos! We made a stop at Dunn Bros as we were walking back to Mel's place, to grab some cold drinks and a sandwich. I forgot how warm and sweaty I get when I am preggo, so was glad to sit and cool down for a few minutes. Plus, little L had gotten hungry on our walk and scarfed down her bottle once we sat down. After our stop, we walked a few miles back to Mel's. The afternoon was lovely and I so enjoyed meeting Mel in person and getting to know her! We had some great conversations about a lot of different topics and it was fun finding out things that we had in common. I hope that we are able to do it again soon (and maybe by next time L will have learned to not throw ALL of her cheerios on the floor of the coffee shop, ha ha!).

Our adventurous day didn't end with our afternoon. The family decided to head out to dinner about the same time that some mega storms came through. So we sat and watched the trees bend back and forth, and the rain beat down. It was crazy how loud the thunder was and how intense the lightning struck. After dinner, we made a trip to Trader Joe's (our family LOVES that store!) for lots of fun goodies to eat this week! I found some tea that I LOVE and am so excited about - I can't wait to make a cup! Once we finally got home and I got L in bed (a little later than usual - and of course she still got up at 0615 this morning, ha!), we popped a movie in. The parents chose Valentine's Day. I had heard some not great things about it, but we gave it a shot. It was kind of a silly movie, but had a few great lines, plus a lot of really sweet actors/actresses. And the end got me. Gosh, don't they know my husband is deployed and I have a kid at home!?! One of the many characters was an Army Captain, on her way home to surprise someone (the whole entire time you assumed it was to see her man). But at the very end, she sweeps into a little boy's room and gives him a big hug. And tells him how big he had gotten and how much she loved him. Sheesh. I am pregnant, people, come on! I may have shed a few tears :)

Two other quick notes and I'll be done with this rather rambly post: One, I started doing prenatal yoga this week and am loving it! I found a DVD at the store and on a whim, purchased it (although I've been thinking about doing it for a few weeks now) and I really enjoy the workout (if you can even call it that!). I've done it twice this week so far and I am excited to keep doing it while I am preggo (and probably for a few weeks after I have this little blueberry). They not only modify all the movements for pregnancy, but they also have three different women to watch - each one is in a different trimester, so as you get bigger and bulkier, you can modify the moves/stretches to accomodate your belly and growing baby! It's great and my body is glad I am getting a more consistent stretching routine back! Second, I have a brief though that I need to share so that I can be held accountable: I need to stop eating desserts/sweets. I am convinced that my over-enjoyment of such delectable, sugar-filled foods is what is contributing to my many yeast infections (which are NOT fun), so I have decided I need to give them up. I haven't decided if I will allow any in a week or not (I'll keep you posted). But for those of you that see me on a regular basis, you need to help me stick to this - because I will want some sugary goodness at some point or another and you need to help me think through the consequences of following through that desire!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Sounds like a fun day! And I love Trader Joe's! They are amazing and everything they have is so delicious! Mmmmm mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved meeting you too! Next time we'll do it over in your neck of the woods. It really was a great afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great afternoon! Glad you had fun :)

    P.S. I LOVE Trader Joe's and yoga too!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive