Eliana Cathleen

Friday, October 23, 2009

Our baby girl was born on October 18, 2009 at 5:11am. She weighed 8 lbs, 12 oz and was 20 inches long. It was quite the long, arduous labor...starting at 5am on Saturday October 17. We trekked to the hospital about 1pm on Saturday afternoon and it wasn't until Sunday morning, 5:11am that little Eliana decided to come out to meet the world. Max wasn't able to be home for her debut, so we had him on skype pretty much the entire time. Yay for technology, seriously! I am so thankful for that. I am lucky enough to have great friends and family who were physically present as well, to encourage me during labor and to encourage the little slowpoke to come out!


Eliana means 'Yahweh has answered' and her middle name, Cathleen is after my mom. Max and I call her "L". We were able to come home Monday afternoon and things have been going really well. She is eating great, sleeping really well and entertains her guests. Everyone is quite enamored with her. And I am so blessed to be at home right now, where there are always thousands of hands ready to hold her and love on her. It's hard to believe she is only 5 days old! It feels like it's been a month since we have had her home, in the best way possible. And at the same time, it's hard to believe she is only 5 days old...seems like just a minute ago, I was baking up a storm, wishing for her to come out! I am loving having her here and getting to know her and her little quirks.

We had her first Dr. appt today. It went well. I even took her all by myself...she does so well in the car. We get her in the carseat and she is out like a light...she only fussed at the Dr when I had to take all her clothes off...she doesn't like having a cold booty and can be slightly dramatic about it...quivering lower lip and all! Ha! But, she did really well.

And...super exciting...Max gets to come home tomorrow morning to meet her. And I am absolutely THRILLED about that! Yay for our little girl meeting her daddy! He has been antsy all week and I am so thankful that it worked out for him to come home this weekend to meet her...otherwise, we had no idea when he would have been able to meet her and it may have been over a month before we could have arranged it, which would have been hard! So he'll be home a little over 24 hours, which isn't much, but better than nothing! We'll take what we can get...that's one thing I've learned...to be thankful for every single second that I get with Max. It's hard not having him physically here, but the time we are given is so precious and there is no way I could ever waste it or take it for granted.

So there is my update on our little girl! I'll work on posting some pics shortly...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive