Friday Five.Friday, January 24, 2014
1. Hello. It's been awhile, I know. I haven't had much blogging motivation/inspiration the last week. And last weekend, had to disconnect myself from my phone/the computer for a few days - I love the internet, the way it makes distance smaller, and the friends I've made online, but sometimes the internet can be a huge distraction in my life/for my heart. And last weekend, I knew I needed to put my phone down/walk away from the computer and just be with my family, investing my time with them. It was a good weekend - lots of playtime, snuggle time, reading time, movie-watching time - although we were working on getting over colds, but I guess that just made it even better for snuggling/movies :)
2. The kids started showing signs of the cold early last week, and we just cleared the majority of it a few days ago. There are still some lingering coughs, but for the most part, we are all feeling better. Let me tell you - being in the house for over a week was a little bit much for me! Add in the lack of a car for us to get away (since Max takes it to work...), and I got a little stir-crazy by the end. Thankfully, we had a playdate yesterday, and it was SO nice to get in the car and drive out of the neighborhood! FREEDOM is what I was singing, loud and clear!
3. Tonight is date night. I can't wait. So, so thankful for sweet neighbors who swap babysitting with us. I am so excited to have a few hours alone with Max. Sushi, anyone? With no kids? What?
4. Just wrapped up week three of #alittletoofluffy - the fun weight loss challenge I joined up with at the start of the year. I am happy to say that my hard work and healthy choices have been paying off, and I've lost 8 pounds. Not going to lie, I think most of that was "holiday weight", but oh well, it's still 8 pounds gone! I've been working out 5-6 days a week, nothing crazy - some basic strength training and cardio at home, usually for 15-25 minutes a day - I told you, nothing too crazy! Hoping to start getting to the gym for some more cardio a few nights a week. As far as eating, I am working on making healthy choices and moderation. I've still been enjoying treats, but try to have small portions, and only have them as special treats. I've been focusing on increasing my protein/veggies/healthy fats/fruits/whole grains and decreasing the sugar/dairy/white flour. I feel happy with how things are going - it's been challenging, but at the same time, it feels manageable, because I didn't do something completely drastic or cut anything huge out of my diet. There are 3 more weeks in the challenge, so I am eager to keep working hard for the end, and beyond.
5. I am so happy it's the weekend. Again. I love weekends, and having Max home for more than a few hours. The weeks have felt long around here, with Max in class, and having projects/extra work lately, and I can tell the lack of Daddy around is wearing on Ezra - he has been on the naughty side a lot lately - I know part of that is his age, but man alive! He has been testing me! Oh, and if anyone wants to magically show up and potty train him? Be my guest! I am dragging my feet hardcore on that one...I know I potty-trained L, but still...any encouragement or suggestions are always appreciated! Happy weekend, friends!