Evie @ 7 months

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Our sweet Evie girl is 7 months!  Oh time, slow down!  Still so crazy how fast time does fly, and how each month it's hard to believe that she is already another month older, and closer to 1 year!

Evie is starting to sit up unassisted, and is able to do it longer and longer on her own each day.  She LOVES to be on her belly, scooting backwards, or getting up on her hands and knees to rock back-and-forth, or lunge herself forward toward a toy!  She has gotten much more vocal in the last few weeks, and will jabber away if someone is there to talk with her.  Her first tooth (on the bottom) popped through about a week ago!  And I think another one will come through any day, as her bottom gum is SUPER swollen and she chews on EVERYthing!  

I am still having a rough time at night with her, but it hasn't gotten any worse, so praise Jesus for that.  She wakes every 3-4 hours to eat, throughout the night, but usually goes back to sleep after each feeding.  Last week was rough - I don't know if she didn't feel good or her teeth were bothering her, or what - but she would wake up screaming and then fuss on and off for up to an hour or two at a time.  I felt terrible for her and nothing was helping - plus, I was just plain exhausted from being up most of the night - but that seems to have gotten better.  I did finally take her to the Doc, and Evie may have picked up a little virus, so maybe that was why she was super fussy and up all night?!  Who knows.  There has been so much going on in her little world - our move and roadtrip, a weekend trip to MN, off our routine, teething, etc - so I am hoping things get back to more of a normal schedule soon.  I am not really sure what to do about her sleeping at night.  We had some long chunks of 6-8 hours when she was 2-3 months old, but the past few months, it's regressed back to her waking every 3-4 hours throughout.  I am the one that gets up with her at night, so all I really have to say, is that I am sure looking forward to a full night of sleep some day.  If anyone has any suggestions or ideas about her waking/sleeping, feel free to chime in, because I am at a bit of a loss!

During the day, she nurses every 3.5-4 hours, and then does some solids - usually rice cereal and fruit at breakfast time, and some veggies at dinner time.  I was hopeful, for awhile, that her hair might grow in dark like mine.  But all the new stuff that's coming in, is light blonde.  Go figure, ha!  Not only does she not have much hair, but it's super light, so everybody comments that she looks bald, poor girl!  Eliana and Ezra can still get the best laughs out of her, and she adores them.  When Evie and I were in MN, we were skyping with my parents, Eliana, and Ezra - and when Evie saw her siblings on the screen, she got SO excited.  It was priceless and made my mama heart happy.  

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yay 7 months! I can sympathize with bad nights... Penny has always been the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture in the glasses is priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive