Poppin' Bubbles

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Max got a package in the mail over the weekend, and somehow the kids ended up with the bubble wrap sheets that had been inside.  Oh the fun that ensued!  We laid the pieces down on the ground to stomp all over.  It was a blast!  Ezra, being his tough, boy-ish self, stomped all over, as fast as his little legs could move.  Eliana, being her sweet little methodical self, took her time walking up and down the rows of bubbles, trying to pop every last one!  I even snuck in a few pops - and man alive, I wish we could do it every day, ha!  It was incredibly entertaining!  Oh the fun we have with the most simple of things.
I haven't been blogging as much - maybe because we've been keeping busy, or maybe because I have 3 kids who demand much of my time, or maybe because I have little motivation when it comes to writing something down.  BUT, I want to keep blogging as much as possible - I know I will be so glad I did it as much as I could, so that I have something to look back on.  I am not always good at scrapbooking or printing photos or writing cute stories down, so my blog becomes the next best place to combine all those things, and keep memories written down.  

I forgot to mention a few weeks ago, but Max got a promotion last month!  So proud of my husband - he works very hard and does a great job at what he does, and he was very happy with receiving the promotion, as he's been waiting for it!

The movers will be here in less than a month, and we are hoping to head out of here in just about a month!  Crazy!  Time is going fast, and I still have much to work on - organizing and purging and making sure we are only taking what we really want to have.  Moving really is a great excuse to go through all my closets and clothes and cupboards!  

We've been working diligently with Evie lately on sleep training.  The past few weeks were a bit rough, with her waking up every 3-4 hours to eat during the night.  I was tired and confused as to why she seemed to be "regressing" with her sleep patterns.  Now that we introduced some solid foods, and have been working with her, we are seeing progress.  Last night, she slept a 6-hour stretch, which is the longest stretch I've seen out of her in over a month - definitely a happy mama!!  Oh!  And this week in church and bible study was the first week since Evie has been in the nursery that they didn't need to page me to console the sweet girl!  Small victories here!!

Eliana and Ezra are doing well.  Ezra cracks me up constantly with what he says and comes up with - well, really, they both do, but lately he has said the funniest things.  He is such a character.  He complimented some woman at church yesterday, by telling her that he thought her shoes were cute!  I was laughing so hard, it was adorable!  What an observant boy!  Eliana lately, has been so shy around people she doesn't know.  One of the ladies that has her at church says that L is so quiet the other kids can't hear her!  We are trying to help her learn that she doesn't need to be so shy and quiet around other people - because you better believe she is loud and crazy here at home!  She has been "reading" to us lately, which often consists of her singing made-up stories while looking at book pictures.  It's great, and most of the time, Max and I are literally rolling on the floor laughing by the end!  Oh my goofball children - but I guess that's to be expected...anybody that knows Max or I knows it was bound to happen!  

Anyways!  It's a beautiful sunshine-y day and I just made a batch of these delicious cookies.  My kids should be waking up soon, and I am eager to spoil them with a cookie!  Have a lovely day, y'all!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I bet Penny would love to pop bubbles like that. That's a fun thing to keep them busy. It's nice to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love bubble wrap! It's so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you move so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it about bubble wrap that is so ... addicting?! We can't ever have any in our house or we all go wild trying to pop every last bubble. Kids and adults alike! : ]

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive