Evie @ 5 months

Friday, March 01, 2013

Oh, our sweet baby Evie.  Hard to believe she is already 5 months old.  She has proven to be a slightly dramatic baby lately - we've had quite the time leaving her in the nursery at church on Sundays.  I think she "plays" the nursery ladies, and throws a big fit - they usually end up paging me, but by the time I get there, she is fine and happy like a clam.  I'll pick her up, and she pats my face, like she's all proud of herself!  I think she knows they'll page me if she puts up a big enough fuss, silly little girl!

She is kind of a little peanut - she keeps getting longer, but doesn't gain weight as fast, so she is starting to stretch out of her 6-month onesies, but is still a light little thing, at least compared to when Ezra was a baby, ha!  The girl is always sucking on her lips or hands, or trying to get her feet in her mouth.  I don't know if she's working on a tooth yet, or just likes to have something in her mouth.  

Her sleeping habits have been slightly erratic.  We were doing good, and getting a solid 6-8 hour stretch, but a few weeks ago, she started waking up around 10pm, crying like a crazy baby.  I still haven't figured out if it was a hunger or a gas thing, but it happened for a couple days in a row.  The past few days, however, she's been sleeping through the 10 o'clock crying thing, and will sleep until 12 or so.  Although, she hasn't been feeling super great, with her congestion/cold, and she wakes up a little bit more throughout the night, but always goes right back to sleep after eating, so it's not so bad.

Eliana loves singing/dancing for her, to get a giggle and smile.  Ezra loves to tickle her, and "gobble" her up, which cracks me up!  Evie loves watching them play, and is always so interested in what is going on.  She rolls from her back to her tummy, pretty much right when you lay her on the floor.  She's pretty content to stay there, although she will sometimes roll back to her back.  I'll be starting some solid foods in the next few weeks, if she shows interest.

  We all love our sweet baby Evie! 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. She just looks so happy and the face in that first picture is priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just so adorable, I love her facial expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total cuteness! I love her smile. Reminds me of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first picture is so precious!!! Oh she is way too adorable! Your head must hurt from smiling so much all day :)

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive