Miscellany MondayMonday, February 18, 2013
Today, I am linking up with Carissa @ lowercase letters, because today feels like a miscellaneous list kind of day!
1. I have been promising Eliana for weeks now, that if we had some time without Ezra, we could practice cutting with scissors. So yesterday, when everybody else was napping, L and I had some girl time - which included painting nails, cutting with scissors, and playing doctor! She did great with the scissors, although if left unattended, I'm pretty sure she would go for hair.
2. It snowed Saturday night, into Sunday morning. Nothing like you would see in Minne-snow-ta, but it was pretty exciting for North Carolina. Keep in mind that a few days before the snow, it was sunny and warm out. Winter here is so funny sometimes! Today, it is gorgeously sunny and 50º out - we have plans to take a long walk to a "new park" today, to burn off some serious toddler energy!
3. I can't wait to catch up on Downton Abbey this week - from the buzz on facebook and twitter, it sounds like a good (and sad? suspenseful?) episode!
4. My littlest has figured out how to roll from her back to her belly, and proudly displays said feat whenever she can. She's proud of herself!
5. Max has the day off today, so we ventured to the grocery store as a family. I usually do the shopping with the kids during the week, or by myself in the evenings. Let's just say that taking him along is NOT good for the budget. When we got the checkout, there was a handful of surprise grocery items (half-off Valentine's candy? Nutella? hot sauce?) that were definitely not on my list, haha!
6. "Hey Mama! Look at my blanket!"
7. I am doing a women's bible study right now, and we are currently doing Beth Moore's Patriarch study, which has been really good.
'So she called the name of the LORD who spoke to her, "You are a God of seeing,"
for she said, "Truly here I have seen him who looks after me."'
This verse really struck me, and has been touching my heart this week.
So thankful for a God who sees me, right where I am at.
8. I can't get enough of those pretty blue eyes. She has been looking so much like a little Ezra lately!
9. Max had duty all day Saturday, through Sunday morning. I used the evening alone as a perfect opportunity to catch up on Hart of Dixie, eat a fav treat - peanut butter M&M's, and do a little crafting - it was lovely!
10. Max calls Evie his little sweet potato. Random? Yes. Cute? Also yes. The little sweet potato loves playing with her feet. A lot. If she's not playing with her feet, she's got her hand in her mouth. Silly girl.
11. Update on our move? Not much, but we do know we'll be trekking across country mid-April, and will end up staying with my parents in AZ for a time - we are excited to see them. And I am excited to get this whole moving process going!