Mama vs. Lunch

Thursday, March 22, 2012

There are some days that the kids eat every single little thing I put in front of them, and other days, that they push their meal around for awhile, and declare that they are done.  They were both really good, adventurous eaters as babies (they would seriously eat anything I gave them, it was awesome!), but as they have entered the toddler stage, they have both become more and more picky.  It can be incredibly frustrating for me, I'll be honest.  I LOVE making meals for my family, so when they don't like it or won't eat what I've made, it makes me a little sad inside.  Now, I know it's a stage, and they'll grow out of it, so I keep making and serving a wide variety of foods and flavors, in order that they can experience many different tastes.  I had a serious lunchtime win yesterday and felt so proud of myself for coming up with something quick and healthy in less than 10 minutes!  Enter the quick peanut noodles: 
I had some leftover spaghetti noodles from the night before, and L pulled them out, exclaiming that we should have "p'getti" for lunch that day.  I was out of sauce, and had a sudden desire for peanut noodles, so I whipped up a quick sauce, stirred it all together, cut up a few veggies, and served it.  The kids ate their entire plate, and then asked for more!  I was one proud mama!  
Quick Peanut Noodles
spaghetti noodles, cooked (I think I had about a pound of it)
1/2 cup warm water
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey
dash of salt and garlic powder

I simply whisked all the ingredients, minus the noodles, together in a bowl.  Once the sauce was mixed, I poured it over the noodles and stirred it up.  I had already heated the noodles, so it was ready to go!  We had ours with chopped carrots and cucumbers, as well as a wedge of lime (which I squeeze on my noodles...L just likes to lick hers, ha ha!), and some leftover beans on the side.  It was quick and easy, and I was able to get the kids to eat some veggies, AND use up some leftovers!  Definite win!  

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. That looks good! I'm going to have to make it for Em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh peanut noodles sounds good. I was going to get some peanut satay sauce the other day and noticed it had fish juice in it. Uhm..no thanks. LOL. But this sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That looks so good, I can't wait to try it! My daughter is a picky eater but loves noddles so I think this would be a hit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds good! Millie has become REALLY picky, and it drives me nuts too.

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive