My solid Rock.

Monday, May 16, 2011

'My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; all other ground is sinking sand.'

There were two things that happened when I stood with my feet in the ocean the other day.



First, I felt so small.
The ocean feels HUGE!
And so powerful.
And standing there, with the waves crashing at my feet, and the sand swirling away,
I couldn't help but be overtaken by thoughts of the majesty and power and might of God.
For as much as the ocean feels huge, the God who created that ocean is even huger.
I stood there and had a visual and tactile reminder that God is bigger than I could ever imagine.
That His might and power and majesty are beyond what I can comprehend.

Second, this hymn (above) kept playing through my head and out my lips.
As I stood with my feet in the water, the waves would come up and then go back out.
As they did so, the sand under my feet was shifting and moving.
My body would sway and move along with the moving sand.
All I could think about was how I wanted to live on the Rock, not on shifting sand.
My hope in Jesus is built on something solid, something that will never move or fall or shake.

I needed these two reminders that day, and this week.
God is bigger than anything I have going on.
And He is my solid Rock.
There may be times that I feel frustrated or get discouraged or react in anger.
And there may be times that I feel like I am not making a difference or that I am a failure.

But the Truth is that God is bigger than all of my fears and inadequacies and shortcomings.
 He can hold my life - my heart, my family, my marriage - in His hands.
I have a solid Rock, a hope, to stand on, to build my life on, all for His glory.
And I am so thankful for that.

Just thought I'd share that with y'all today.
Now, I must go find my daughter, who is playing with a santa clause toy, 
walking around saying "ho ho ho" (um, wrong season L!),
and deal with my little son, who is rolling his way across the room.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Can I just say that I've been having one of those weeks as well? I generally am a lot stronger but for some reason this week I let all the madness and emotions consume me. I really haven't been away to pull myself together. That's so hard as a mother cuz so much depends on you. That in itself is such an overwhelming feeling. But you are not alone. He will always be there for you. As will your adorable little family. And plenty of other mothers like myself. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylee-Boo,
    Very moving & inspirational & a reminder of how awesome God is & the solid rock that Jesus is. Thanks...to a cool daughter & a creative sister in Christ.
    love,
    papa d

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive