Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to all the mama's and mama-to-be's out there!  

Big shout out to my own mom.
She's pretty awesome, in case you didn't know.
I have been incredibly blessed to have such an amazing and loving mom.
She has taught me so much and has been such a support throughout the years.
There were times when I didn't always like my mom (oh the joys of being a teenager, ha ha!), but that was probably more because she was trying to teach me important life lessons and loved me enough to say things straight.
I appreciate how my mom is such an example to me and how she has set such a high standard of what it means to be a mama to my own babies.
I love you, Mama D!  
Thanks for being my mom and for loving on me!  You rock!

There she is (just last week!), with my babies and Papa D.

With the Ezzy boy (is he really that big already?!).

Me and my own babies.

A few years ago, if you would have asked me where I envisioned myself at 25, being married and having two babies probably wouldn't have been at the top of my list - I just had other plans and ideas for what I was going to do with my young life at the time and babies weren't exactly in the picture yet.
But God had other plans for Max and I.
Plans that I could never have imagined or dreamed up.
And I am so blessed.
These two babies that we have been entrusted with are joys.
Being a mama is hard work and God is constantly teaching me through them.
Although a few years ago I didn't have a clue that this is where I would be right now, I now can tell you that I wouldn't trade it for anything - I can not imagine my life without these two sweet babes.
I am so proud to be their Mama.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Happy Mother's Day to a BEAUTIFUL and WONDERFUL mother!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet daughter! L and Z are some lucky to kids to have a great mama like YOU! Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive