11 in 2011. May Edition.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

(Image from Dani @ Hard Corps Love)

It's that time of the month - time for me to check in with my goals and share how I'm doing.

1. Read 12 new books.
Max bought me a new book for my birthday.
I might be slightly obsessed with The Dog Whisperer.
Not that I've had a ton of time to read it, but it's good so far!

2. Try 2 new recipes.
This one is still going great.
I LOVE finding and trying new recipes for the fam.
I have a few to share coming up, so watch out for them soon!

3. Lose the "baby house" weight.
This one has been at a standstill.
Honestly, not going well.

4. Read (at least) one chapter in the Bible every day.
I am sad to say that this hasn't been happening.
And I've seen the consequences in myself.
The past few days I've been praying for a desire to get back in the Word.
I need to, for it holds the instruction for my life.
I heard a woman speak yesterday and she said that if you want joy, read Philippians.
It was like she was talking to me, so yesterday, the babes and I started reading Philippians.
I needed some direction and God gave it to me.
I am eager to keep reading.
And to keep praying for continued desire to carve out time in my day.

5. Tell my babes I love them every.single.day.
Done. Always.
I say it way more than I thought I did, which is great.

6. Grow something green.
Our houseplant is making flowers!
And I planted a pot of herbs that are finally sprouting!
AND I planted a few pots/hanging baskets of flowers that are still alive!
SO proud of this!

7. Get outside and walk every day.
This is going so well!  
First of all, Lucy does SO much better during the day if she is walked really well.
And second, we have a double stroller (finally!), so it's MUCH easier to get out and walk!
Some days, we've even gone out twice!  
Loving this!

8. Use less. Conserve more.
Going ok.
Max looked at me one trash day and asked if we really only had that little garbage.
Been trying to find ways to re-use and re-purpose old items/containers/bags.
Also trying to think up ways to not use as many plastic bags. 
I think that personally, the area I need to work on is my water consumption.

9. Take more pictures. Capture everyday moments. Record more video.
Bleh.  Not so great.
I haven't taken nearly as many photos as I want.
I hardly took any while my parents were here!
And videos?!  
Yeah, there haven't been any recorded all month!  
I need to find a way to make it easier for me to pick up the camera and go.

10. Spend less. Save more.
After some discussion and dialogue, Max gave up all use of his plastic money cards.
We have been spending less in the last few weeks.
It's been harder to make sure we have cash for him when he needs it (gas, etc).
But I think this is a great method for us.
We are fine-tuning it more and more.
A simple "envelope" method, in which we take out what we need, in cash.
Put budgeted amounts in labeled envelopes (gas, grocery, etc).
That way, when it's gone, it's gone.
Much less spending on things we don't need or impulse buys.
We'll see how it works out for us...

11. Be more intentional.
In little ways, I have been seeing how I am working on this one.
I try my best to get all my cleaning (basic sweeping of the floors) done during the day.
This insures that I can spend quality time with Max at night, rather than try to do it then.
I have been trying to appreciate and soak in little moments with my babes.
I think this is why I have been slacking on photos.
I have been trying to simply take things in, rather than get so caught up in documenting.
I don't want to be in the moment, but miss it, you know?!
I guess I need to work on balance.
Lists also help me to be more intentional with my time, especially nap times.

Before I started writing this all out, I felt that I have been a bum and have stunk at working on my goals.
But after really thinking through things, I am realizing that I AM making some progress in some areas.
There are definitely places that I have much room for improvement,
and I am eager to keep working on my 11 in 2011 goals!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. the good thing about goals is that, as long as you don't give up on them completely, you can always start fresh the next day. there's always tomorrow and doing a little is way better than doing nothing haha :)

    i am kind of happy though, that i'm not the only person that gets hooked on dog books... whew!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive