Drawers. Photoshop. To-Do.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I heard the little pitter-patter of hands and feet crawling on the floor below my (starting-to-swell) feet, as I was making lunch the other day in the kitchen. I periodically glanced down to make sure L hadn't snuck something in her mouth that wasn't meant to be there. On one of my many glances, I see her quite absorbed in a little project she found:

She found the kitchen towel drawer! And was in the process of completely emptying it - oh the fun of emptying drawers!! She would dump a bunch out, then shove a bunch back in! Here she is, caught in the act:

She cracked me up. She didn't get them all put away when she spotted me and started shutting the door. Maybe she thought I wouldn't notice what she had been up to?!

What a little mischievous one I have on my hands :)

"What Mama?! I wasn't doing ANYthing!"


It's so much fun to see her explore different parts of the house. To watch her curiosity and to see her excitement for everyday ordinary objects is so amazing - definitely makes you think about what it's like to be a child - and what that looks like then when Jesus tells us to have faith like a child. Makes my mind start rushing with thoughts...

I have been busy with my to-do list. I feel like it's quite long. And to be honest, I was super motivated to make the actual LIST, but am having a hard time executing the to-do's so that I can cross them off. Good thing I have good friends - Aimee made me work on a bunch of my to-do's yesterday - and it DID feel so good to be able to check some off.

What's on there?! Stuff - mostly related to baby #2 - setting up the 2nd crib, making sure I have all the props I want for L's 1-year photoshoot, sewing projects (which I'm super excited to work on - a nursing cover, pacifier clips and bibs!), invites and planning for L's 1st birthday party, and piddly paperwork/phone calls that need to get done before the little man arrives.

Speaking of L's 1st birthday party, I have been working on making the invitations, so that they can get sent off (when I do both, I can cross off TWO things on my list - I LOVE crossing things off, I just feel so accomplished!!!) this week. While making them, I've been attempting to learn more about PhotoShop - uh, seriously, I feel like I need to go back and take a few courses on how to use that blasted program! It really is a fun program and I know there is a lot I can do with it - it's just that I have zero experience with it and it feels complicated to learn how to do things!!! So if anyone has suggestions on where I can find good, not-too-complicated tutorials or a good, simple book on PhotoShop, PLEASE let me know! I want to figure it out so that I can put it to good use!!!!

I am off to continue working on the birthday invitations and cut out my fabric for the nursing cover! All while craving a pumpkin latte (fall is most DEFINITELY in the air!!)

I'll leave you with a few more photos of my dear L:


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive