Copernicus. The plant.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have this strange thing with names. I LOVE to name things, like cars, for example. My current car is named Herman Churchill. The car before that was Herbert Cromwell. Don't know why. They just fit. I just love naming things.

I got a plant in college at the Agriculture Club (I went to NDSU - North Dakota State - my first three years...) plant sale one year. I was so excited to have a plant. Something living to take care of. Mind you, I do not have the best record keeping green things alive (I got cactus when I first went to college, thinking I could most definitely handle that - yeah, killed them all...). And of course, I named it. Copernicus. Don't know why. It just fit. And stuck. The plant has been living here at home with my parents since I have been slightly transient the past few years. But it's still hanging in there, which is cool.

This morning, I was cleaning up the breakfast dishes, and L was happily playing with her little jumping station - she loves to stand at it now and play with the toys on top. She was also jingling the little bells that hang in Copernicus, since he resides directly behind the jumping station deal. I could hear her and I kept checking in on her, jingling those little bells. All of a sudden it was quiet. Never a good sign. So I peeked my head over the counter from the sink, and....

...well, this isn't EXACTLY what I saw...when I looked around the counter, the plant was on it's side, with L sitting right next to the pile of dirt. She must of pulled hard enough on the bell to pull the plant over!

The little culprit! Look at that dirt foot! (Yes, she has toes! She curls them up a lot - just like her daddy, ha!)

We were investigating the extent of the damage. And I started to clean up. So she went in her prison, I mean pack n' play, so she wouldn't get in my way...

She wasn't very fond of that. And made some sad faces. Even produced crocodile tears.

She made it known that she wanted out. Even though she had lots of fun toys to play with! I proceeded to ignore her (and she quickly stopped and started playing with her toys) and clean up the mess. Got the floor swept up and the plant back in order!

When I went to get L out, she was not sad anymore.

In fact, she gave me some slightly cheesy smiles!
But then. Just wait. I took her down for her morning nap, got ready myself and when I came back upstairs, this is what I found....

The plant was a mess AGAIN! NO, I said, not again!!! And I KNEW who did it...

See that kitty, looking at cute and innocent with L?! Yeah, that one. SHE did it. I know it. What a stinker. So, for the second time in an hour, I need to clean up the floor and put Copernicus back together. And then, I think I'll go skin that blasted cat....

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Awwhh.. these are so cute! Poor copernicus

    ReplyDelete
  2. And for once, you can actually blame it on the animal! :) ha ha. Love the crocodile tears photo - she's beautiful even then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah! great post :) What a beautiful babygirl! oh & the cat too even if she is a stinker!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive