Hanging out in the AZ sun

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

We are still hanging out in AZ, with my parents.  Max got the keys to our base house yesterday, although all of our stuff is currently in storage and won't be delivered until next week.  The kids and I, along with my parents, are going to drive up to CA the day before our stuff is due to arrive.  That means we have a few more days here in AZ, soaking up the warm sun and watching for javelina. 

 So thankful that we have been able to stay here - it has been a huge blessing, and my kids are getting super spoiled, getting to play with their Babu and Bibi all the time!  I am so glad we've been able to be here during this transition time, as it's made it so much easier on the kiddo's.  I am trying to embrace this  "vacation" time we have, and the extra hands and help with the kids.  But I'll be honest and say that I am eager to get to CA, to get settled into our house, and to be together as a family again.  I like my routine and my normalcy and concrete plans - so this transition, the "hurry-up-and-wait", the flexibility and unknown, has tested me - God is definitely teaching me and working on my heart, that's for sure!  I am learning about patience and embracing moments here and not getting so caught up in planning and details, since it seems that everyday there is something different or the plan changes!  Military life sure has taught me a lot over the past 4 years - and continues to do so!  

Here are some photos from our first few days in the desert:  
 Oh, you know, just wearing a huge bike helmet to sweep the patio.  No big deal.
 My children spent most of their first time here moving rocks around and then sweeping them back.
 Pool time!
 They could spend all day outside if we let them.
A tired Evie, resting with her Daddy.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm glad you guys are having a good time! I hope you get settled quickly in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures, looks like such a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It so fun to see your well loved children growing and experiencing life. And enjoying time with those very fun grandparents. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their little flip-flops! I am glad you are enjoying the time with your parents.

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive