Finding Encouragement.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Remember this post, last week? The one where I talked about toddler tantrums and overwhelming moments with the kids?  The one that I wrote as much as a reminder to myself, an admonition to take hold of the little moments, and embrace all these moments, even when I feel discouraged and honestly just want to crawl into a deep, dark hole?  Yep.  Last week continued much on the same wavelength.  My dear children are showing their toddler stage, and there has been much testing and trying of boundaries.  A lot of "don't bite her!", and "you are in a time out", and "that was not kind of you!" - oy!  Add to that a wee baby with a cold, who has a hard time sleeping through a congested nose, and you've got the perfect mix for a worn out, slightly discouraged mama!

I am trying my best to continually shift my focus back to the One who gives me strength, because I know that in the moments that I feel the weakest and the most overwhelmed, I really just desperately need Jesus.  It is not easy.  I have messed up a lot lately.  It is amazing what beautifully messy lives we really do lead.  But there is much grace.  And much forgiveness.  And I am so thankful for Jesus.  And the way that in spite of my failures and my dirt, He makes new and beautiful things.

There are a lot of things in my head and in our life that I am eager to share - from photos and big changes coming up, to my thoughts on goals for 2013 and my 4-month old Evie - but it's been a bit crazy around here, and I am just sneaking in for a few minutes during naptime to share a few things that have really encouraged me and made me smile this week:

Andrea's blog post really resonated with my mama feelings.  Plus, her photos are just gorgeous!

Two friends last week mentioned making homemade fruit snacks, and I am eager to try them.

Jami's post on anger really hit home, and has really made me take a step back, and think deeply about discipline and where my heart is at.

I love these pretty fonts.  Totally inspired me to want to re-do my blog design!

Thought this was a great blog post on being a good team member.

Totally needed this reminder, and to hear this song, today.

I am slightly in love with the idea of chalkboard paint - now, to decide on a good project!

A great blog post on having a manifesto, a sort of gentle reminder and a guide, for your day.  I needed to read this. A lot.

I've been slowly catching up on Downton Abbey, season 3.  Can't get enough!

There ya have it.  The things that I have found encouragement - and the knowledge that I am not alone - this past week.  Perfect timing.  I hear a small babe waking up, and it won't be long before the other two are up.  Happy Monday afternoon!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Goodness, Kaylee, I needed this. I'm glad you posted that anger link because I needed it too. We've had some very similar and exhausting times at our house, and both your post and hers were much needed.

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive