AZ Vacation Photos: The Desert Museum

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

One of the last big adventures we took in AZ, was a trip to The Living Desert Museum, and it was awesome!  We got to walk through the desert, seeing different animals on exhibit, while soaking in the sun (and heat!) and learning a little more about what makes up the desert.  
 A lot of the big animals were already hiding away from the sun by the time we strolled through, but we did catch a glimpse of a bear, a porcupine, a beaver, big-horn sheep, Mexican wolves, a gila monster, turtles, snakes, lizards, prairie dogs, and hummingbirds, among others.  
 Because we were in the desert, there were also some wild creatures that visited us.  I turned around at one exhibit, to find this iguana staring at me.  I have to admit, I was a bit startled by him being RIGHT next to me, and may have done a little excited dance - it was a little hilarious.  He hung out for a few minutes, then strutted his stuff, and was on his way.  It was pretty neat!
 I think the turtles were Ezzy's favorite.  He is still talking about how "fun" they were.  And L loved the snakes...funny girl!  
 I was having way too much fun taking photos - Max was waiting around for me time after time, ha!  I loved all the colors and textures and things we don't have here at home.  
Although we were hot and tired by the end of our morning at the Desert Museum, it was well worth it! We had a great time seeing animals and plants of the desert! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive