My Strength.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I wanted to share some of what I've been reading lately.  
A few days ago, I read through Psalm 18, as one of the chapters I was reading that day.
I have gone back to this chapter every day since then.  
There is such truth there that I needed to be reminded of and really let settle into my heart.

Sometimes I hear, "Kaylee, you're so strong" 
or 
"Wow, look at you, wonder woman, with those babies"
from various people in my life or even just random strangers out and about.
Really though, it's not true.
I am not strong.  
At all.

I am weak and imperfect and I definitely have my moments.
It's hard to be a mama to two babies.
Especially when Daddy is gone for a time and you're on your own.
Yesterday, I had one of those moments.
We'll just call it the January Super Bawl.  
It was not pretty.
But it was real and honest.

I say all this to state that I would be nowhere and nothing 
without a strength that is far greater than my own.
I CAN'T do this on my own.
I am NOT strong enough.
Ever.

BUT, God is my strength.
And He IS enough. 
Always.
And leaning on Him, I CAN do this.
Because God is my strength.

"I love you, O LORD, my strength. 
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, 
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, 
and I am saved from my enemies."
Psalm 18:1-3

Oh.
And although I have my moments,
and life with babies is not always easy,
there are also many, many moments that fill me with such joy.

This morning, we were organizing the baby clothes.
And my dear daughter kept wanting to wear articles of clothing.
She came up with this amazing ensemble:


Please note: 
The flip-flops with the string still attached.
The super awesome glitter flower headband.
The sweet coral puff vest with ruffles.
The great I heart NY onesie.
And the spectacular flower glasses.

I really think she has my fashion sense :)

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Made my heart dance! Love that girl - and you're right - I do think she has your fashion sense and BEAUTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written . . . and that picture?! Beyond adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha!!!! I am TOTALLY loving her outfit!! That has got to be one of the funniest things I have EVER seen!!! =) Even if you have had a bad day, how can you NOT laugh at that? Seriously?!

    You're completely right. I tell people the same thing every time I hear "You're so strong. I don't know how you do it." I'm not, and I don't do it. God does it...I'm just his vessel. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this. I know just how you feel, there is NO WAY that I would have made it through this deployment without His strength. Because there were thousands of times when I had none!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love,love,love this. Gave me the chills! God is great.

    and that little girl of yours is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, MN misses you too!

    Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfull and so adorable!

    Thanks for sharing Kaylee!
    /my

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive