Hello 2011!

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Hello 2011!  

I am so glad you've finally made it!
Not that I didn't like 2010, but this year...
this year, my dear husband comes home.  
To our very own home!!
Filled with our very own stuff.
And our very own two babes!
And that, my friends, makes 2011 an awesome year already!

I have some goals for this year.
I like to make goals for myself,
not as a hard-and-fast-if-I-don't-do-them-I-cry kind of thing, 
but more to help keep myself on track and to give myself something to strive for. 

Well, this year, Dani over at Hard Corps Love introduced me to the idea of 11 goals in 2011:


I love this!  
Not only that, 
but her plan was to post on the 11th of each month how her goals were coming along!  
Sweet!  I'm in!  
By sharing my goals online and checking in monthly,
I can help keep myself accountable to working on them!  

So here goes nothing.  

11 goals for 2011:

1. Read 12 new books.
{Some must be non-fiction}

2. Try 2 new recipes each month.

3. Lose the "baby house" weight.

4. Read (at least) one chapter in the Bible every day.
{The goal is not just to read to fill a quota, but to truly read and soak in the Word of God}

5. Tell my babes I love them every.single.day.
{Sometimes I don't physically verbalize this every day.  This cannot be.}

6. Grow something green (and attempt to keep it alive).
{My track record with this is not good. Just saying.}

7. Get outside and walk everyday (unless it's raining profusely).

8. Use less. Conserve more.
{Maybe even start composting. A girl can dream, right?!}

9. Take more pictures. Capture everyday moments. Record more videos.

10. Spend less. Save more.
{Evaluate what we really need versus what we want.}

11. Be more intentional. 
{With my time, with our money, with my conversations, with my relationships.}

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Those are fantastic goals!! Important, yet attainable. I'm looking forward to reading the monthly progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your goals! The pic isn't showing up for me though... I wonder why? Can't wait to keep up with you and your progress this year! 2011 will be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Kaylee! May have to participate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive