R&R!!!!!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

My big announcement?!?

I write this as my dear husband in on his way home for R&R!!!!
God is SO good.
Let me tell you the whole story...

When Max first deployed, we thought his R&R would be in July, so we were planning and had it penciled in the calendar. Then, about a month after he left, I found out I was pregnant with this little blueberry man, and that I would be due the end of October. He made a trip to some friendly R&R person (I have no idea who he spoke with...), to see if he could change his dates to November timeframe so that he could see the baby. The friendly R&R individual informed him that he never was due to go home in July (what?! where did we get that from then?!) and that he was scheduled to go home the beginning of November. For real?! That was PERFECT, so he left it as it was and we started planning for November, knowing it was a ways off.

As November has started creeping up, I've obviously been getting more and more excited that my husband would be coming home for his 2 week R&R. I have been counting down the days for months now and even made a paper chain last month, so I could see the progress we were making, ha! We assumed that he would make it home sometime the second week of November and that because of that timeframe and the baby's due date, there was no way he'd be here to witness our son's birth, but that he would be home shortly after.

At first, thinking about him missing our 2nd child's birth (he also was not able to be at L's birth) and missing out on the entire pregnancy had me really bummed out. There were many tears shed over the fact that he would never see my belly get all big and round, or be able to feel his son kicking and punching. But slowly, I accepted it and knew that I just needed to trust that God knew what He was doing.

The past few weeks of waiting for this baby to be born have been a little hard - there have so many times that I have just wanted him to come out already! I have found myself asking God to just give him a nudge and push the baby on out! But each time, I have felt like God was just telling me to 'Trust in Him' and that He definitely had our best plans in mind. So I kept waiting - we ALL have been waiting and wondering when this little man would be making his grand debut!

Two days ago, I get a call. From Max. It was less than a minute and from some strange number I hadn't gotten a call from, and was at a strange time for him to be calling. He, very quickly, told me that he was getting on a plane to come home, that his R&R had been bumped up, and that he would be home soon. I had to triple-ask him if he was for real! I got off the phone and started hopping all over the kitchen, while shrieking in excitement!!!! My mom came down and told me that I was going to make the baby come out and that I better stop running around, ha ha!!! I was just so darn excited!!!!

My husband is on his way home! And this baby hasn't come out! There is a chance that the baby will wait a few more days and that Max will get to see his son be born into this world! How amazing!!! After giving up all hope of this ever happening, I am still in shock at how God works and at how much He truly DOES have our best in mind, even when we don't always understand it or can't see it!

All this being said, my husband is on his way home (I know I keep saying that - I am trying to comprehend it!!!). I'll post this once he's gotten into town and will definitely have photos to share SOON!!! I am incredibly antsy to see him, to go meet him at the airport, for him and L to get re-acqauinted, to have these few weeks with him, for him to (hopefully!) experience the birth of his child!

The Dr scheduled an induction for Wednesday November 3 (that's one day after 41 weeks and my current Doc is not a fan of letting pregnancies go much past 41 weeks). So, if this little stubborn babe hasn't shown his face (although I am beginning to think he was just waiting for his daddy this entire time!) by then, we'll be having a baby on Wednesday!!! With Max there!!! I'll for sure keep y'all posted!!!

For now, I am off to enjoy my dear husband and our little family :)

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me! Everything happens for a reason and you are so blessed that Max will likely be home to meet his son right along with you! How amazing. keep me posted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST BURST INTO TEARS!! OMG Kaylee!! That is so exciting!!! I can't wait to hear how it all goes down! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me cry! Especially as someone who is also pregnant with a deployed husband, so I understand your feelings! So so happy for you, what a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crying and I got the chills! So happy for you for your hubs being home for your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! =D I'm so so happy for you!! God TOTALLY had this planned all along. Proof that he really does know what He's doing! =) I love it! I hope you enjoy your family time and that the little man comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kaylee, that is wonderfully spectacularly amazing news! I am so excited for you to have your husband home! That made my day! I am seriously jumping for joy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is soooooo good!!! I am so happy for your family girl! My hubby missed my entire firs pregnancy, birth, and four months of life so I was where you were too. I know how devastated I would be if he had to miss the second. I can't wait for your little man and Hubby to meet. Congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you! And I can't wait to hear all about your new bundle of joy! Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just have to tell you that I read this last week when you posted it, but I read it on my phone and I was traveling, so I couldn't comment, but it's just been sitting in my reader "unread" since then. I cried when I read it the first time and I'm crying again now. I'm so unbelievably happy for you and for your new baby—hopefully you're having him soon!!!

    Loved this so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts

Blog Archive